United Way Harassment

BigBrown609

My center is having their United Way drive this month and I chose to donate nothing, for a number of reasons. Well, the supervisors didn't have the testicular fortitude to ask me to reconsider to my face, so they recruited the shop steward. Not only did the shop steward hound me about it, but in his United Way pitch there was a veiled threat. I was told a donation could "alleviate some pressure in other places." Do I have any recourse from here or basically just watch my butt?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
pressure in other places?? great steward, should probably run for president of the teamsters, showing already what it takes to get ahead

9.5er

You give only if you feel the need to give. It is your hard earned money. Tell the Sup or steward they can donate in your name if they feel the need to.

UPSGUY72

My center is having their United Way drive this month and I chose to donate nothing, for a number of reasons. Well, the supervisors didn't have the testicular fortitude to ask me to reconsider to my face, so they recruited the shop steward. Not only did the shop steward hound me about it, but in his United Way pitch there was a veiled threat. I was told a donation could "alleviate some pressure in other places." Do I have any recourse from here or basically just watch my butt?

You don't have to donate and you don't have to give them a reason why your not. Just tell them that at this time you don't want to donate. If your shop steward ask you again I'd call your business agent and let them know what is going on.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I post this every year when UW time comes. The picture itself is in regards to our government, but the same principles apply in regards to UPS & the UW:

8690375536_95a7bde710_c.jpg