United way

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who is responsible for them taking money out of your check? Just noticed $3 a week has been taken out since the first week of January. End result im looking for is my money back and someone getting in trouble. I was never asked if i wanted to give them anything.
Thanks for giving. It costs plenty to fundraise, what with expensive dinners, four star hotels, and first class airfare.

Observer

Go and request a copy of the donation form that you supposedly signed. DO NOT LET THEM PUT you off. They have to have a copy for their files. Also get your BA involved or steward- see what they can do for you. Remember you pay a lot of dues - then if you get nowhere contact your local UW office. They are not the easiest people to do with either. NEXT YEAR - get your own donation form and fill it out. Then put say $1 and sign it. When you start to see a different amount on your check you get a copy of the the one they are using and then take that to your BA with a copy of the one $1 form you submitted and get answers. WHAT they are doing is fraudulent. There have been cases where they "signed" a form for you and submitted it so that they could get their 100% participation. READ some of the older UW threads to see what others did to solve this problem.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I received a packet from UPS yesterday asking me to donate to UW. They had a form in there if I wanted to donate any company stock that I may have to UW. There was also a pledge form for one time and EFT weekly contributions.

Tossed it all in to the recycling bin. Ten plus years as a leadership giver is more than enough; besides, it is much more difficult to deduct charitable contributions on our tax returns this year.