United way

rod

Retired 22 years
Goodwill and The Wounded Warrior Project are ones to AVOID also. Salvation Army, VFW and American legion are Great ones

Ghost in the Darkness

A supposed charity shouldn't have so many red flags and intentional misleading and deception of those who give. Plenty of better places to give where the money give actually goes to who you want it to help.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Payroll deduction through UPS allowed me to donate much more than I would have been able to had I been asked to write a single check.

I was at least a Leadership Giver for the bulk of my career. The 15% match covered the administrative fees ensuring 100% of my donations went to the designated charity.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You dont have to do united way, you are also allowed to donate to something of your choice if you want. United way is a default

Ghost in the Darkness

You dont have to do united way, you are also allowed to donate to something of your choice if you want. United way is a default

Lol... allowed? How about I give to whom I choose to and when I choose to and not at the direction of ups or united way. When you establish that point with an exclamation mark then they listen.

Ghost in the Darkness

The charity followed up with a thank you letter.

Of course they did, UW notified the charity that you donated to them. Only not as much as you think. You donated a small % to all of them and to UW administrative too. They want you to feel as though it went to where you directed it.... only thing is...its not the whole truth. You see they mislead and deceive people into thinking their donation only goes to certain charities otherwise they would lose donations if it was honestly shown to be all controlled by UW.
They've shown in the past that they will coerce organizations by withholding money. How is that possible if the money was directed by the giver.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Lol... allowed? How about I give to whom I choose to and when I choose to and not at the direction of ups or united way. When you establish that point with an exclamation mark then they listen.
you can donate to whom you want, you dont have to do united way, if you have the information and forms you can donate money out of your paycheck. I do the red cross