Unloader to Air Driver?

UploaderRain

I've been unloading for about 6 months now. I was searching online in saw that they're hiring Air Package Drivers here in Miami, but at a different location than the one I'm at now. Is it ok for me to apply for this job? Would it be like starting over and lose the little seniority that I have? Would I be paid more or less? Right now we're making $14 and some change.

Nah
I've been unloading for about 6 months now. I was searching online in saw that they're hiring Air Package Drivers here in Miami, but at a different location than the one I'm at now. Is it ok for me to apply for this job? Would it be like starting over and lose the little seniority that I have? Would I be paid more or less? Right now we're making $14 and some change.
I can't answer your other questions, but you would get a small bump in pay. Up to $15/hr. You'd get ~$38/hr if you ever delivered or picked up ground packages.

After four years, you'll finish progression and reach top rate which I think is slightly above $30/hr right now. On the downside, it changes the rules in terms of overtime and working holiday pay. And your guarantee shrinks from 3.5 hrs to 3 hours as well.

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
I am on preload and also an exception air driver. Pay is $15/hr. I make $14.50 on preload. Your hours will for sure go down, but the work is gravy. So I preload Mon-Friday and deliver on Saturdays and when a driver is on vacation for the week. I am here for the benefits and my only goal in life right now is to be #1 on the air driver list.