Unnecessary bid sheet bumped me out of work! No spots to fill

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
NjQCRdC.gif

6 years

My preload posted a bid sheet .. A guy with higher senority signed the bid from local sort .. Which is now present on preload an is currently bumping me out of work .. There was no spot for him to fill .. Management posted the bid because of call ins on preload an thought adding another guy an keeping me on call would help management from calling a driver in .. This is a small preload .. I need to know what article to research so I can file

6 years

Would like to know what article to read or some advice .. So I'll know what article that can support me when I file grievance papers

PT Car Washer

My preload posted a bid sheet .. A guy with higher senority signed the bid from local sort .. Which is now present on preload an is currently bumping me out of work .. There was no spot for him to fill .. Management posted the bid because of call ins on preload an thought adding another guy an keeping me on call would help management from calling a driver in .. This is a small preload .. I need to know what article to research so I can file
Management created a new job and put the job up for bid. The job was filled by someone with more seniority and now you are being laid off for lack of work. You should be able to bump a lower seniority employee from another sort.

km3

So management can creat another job when there is no jobs to be filled because of call in ?

No, I'm pretty sure there's something in the contract about the position needing to be vacant for 30 days. But I can't think of which article that would be off hand.

Call your business agent.

Dr.Brownz

Is this in a small center? or a center within a big hub?

Do you have seniority over other employees who are working in the center? (possibly on another sort also)

km3

Unfortunately, the index in my contract book doesn't have specific options like that. I have to learn by guessing which sections are applicable to what I want to know and reading through them.

Your business agent will be of a lot more help than any of us.

6 years

It's almost like both union rep an steward is playing the ol buddy buddy system with the guy bumping me from my preload .. Gonna fight this :censored2: