Unreported Accidents

Buck Fifty

^ that may be but I've seen plenty of drivers lie about an accident and then a few not getting their jobs back. But I've seen guys have an accident and then be totally honest about it and get a day or three on the street and then come back to their job the following week.

I believe we're on the same page here. :peaceful:

C

chuchu

Funny you should bring that up. We have.....so far anyway...a driver that hit a concrete post about 5 months ago and broke the fiberglass front on a p10. She didnt report it although she had to walk around it all day (it happened at noon)but the driver who drove the truck the next day caught it and reported it to management. She was terminated for about six weeks and then got her job back just before it went to the state panel. About eight wks later she was fired again for backing into the side of a businesses wall (bent the steel in from the bumper to about eight feet up the wall!)and went to the state panel and they deadlocked it to the JAC! She said she didn't hit the wall but the bumper, spring and spring clip were implanted into the steel siding and when the truck was backed up to the wall it was a perfect match. The sheriff deputy that investigated the hit and run accident was a witness to the match and wrote it into his report. The driver was the building's Safety Co-Chair. 11 accidents in ten yrs of driving. Can't believe this is deadlocked. Any male driver that had an unreported accident was fired in the last twenty yrs there. What the heck is going on here? Morale has dropped to an all time low in the center. If she keeps her job this time the company can forget about discipline over safety and honesty issues in the future.Just my opinion...but I don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buck Fifty

Funny you should bring that up. We have.....so far anyway...a driver that hit a concrete post about 5 months ago and broke the fiberglass front on a p10. She didnt report it although she had to walk around it all day (it happened at noon)but the driver who drove the truck the next day caught it and reported it to management. She was terminated for about six weeks and then got her job back just before it went to the state panel. About eight wks later she was fired again for backing into the side of a businesses wall (bent the steel in from the bumper to about eight feet up the wall!)and went to the state panel and they deadlocked it to the JAC! She said she didn't hit the wall but the bumper, spring and spring clip were implanted into the steel siding and when the truck was backed up to the wall it was a perfect match. The sheriff deputy that investigated the hit and run accident was a witness to the match and wrote it into his report. The driver was the building's Safety Co-Chair. 11 accidents in ten yrs of driving. Can't believe this is deadlocked. Any male driver that had an unreported accident was fired in the last twenty yrs there. What the heck is going on here? Morale has dropped to an all time low in the center. If she keeps her job this time the company can forget about discipline over safety and honesty issues in the future.Just my opinion...but I don't get it.

Allow me to explain....... Let see....... Could it be........ Yep....... Double Standard.

or

She is very,very,very talented.