Upcoming contract

87brown

What's most important in this upcoming contract keep it on topic and realistic

I'm thinking two tier pay system for new drivers no more retirement 401(k) match

Also look for the company to back out of the agreement to pick up the shortfall on the central states health and welfare

Which in my humble opinion UPS shouldn't pay the Teamsters anymore ( remember UPS already paid them why should they have to give them more money)

Keep in mind we must be realistic any body can do this job off the street now with the addition of Orion we strike it will be nothing like 97 the company is crippled they said they would never be caught with your pants down again just saying

rudy5150

I'm thinking two tier pay system for new drivers no more retirement 401(k) match

Also look for the company to back out of the agreement to pick up the shortfall on the central states health and welfare

Which in my humble opinion UPS shouldn't pay the Teamsters anymore ( remember UPS already paid them why should they have to give them more money)

Keep in mind we must be realistic any body can do this job off the street now with the addition of Orion we strike it will be nothing like 97 the company is crippled they said they would never be caught with your pants down again just saying

Nobody wants this job anymore....just saying

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Have fun following ORION when you don't know where you're going. Bad enough if you do know where. What an ultra maroon!

87brown

I am not in management I'm just hoping this is realistic everybody seems to see what UPS makes and they feel they're entitled to it my point is company can hire people off the street for $25 an hour with no benefits and they would be lines out the door yes it is physical and yes we lose a lot of family time holidays etc. but when you think about it there's a lot of other labor jobs that are tougher than this and don't receive half the compensation we do

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I am not in management I'm just hoping this is realistic everybody seems to see what UPS makes and they feel they're entitled to it my point is company can hire people off the street for $25 an hour with no benefits and they would be lines out the door yes it is physical and yes we lose a lot of family time holidays etc. but when you think about it there's a lot of other labor jobs that are tougher than this and don't receive half the compensation we do
Ever see the guys and gals who deliver for Amazon? You're funny!

oldngray

nowhere special

Companies with matching 401k's usually don't have pension plans. One or the other.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

3123899.gif

87brown

My bad should've proofed read my reply what I meant was they would be no more retirement only a 401(k) match just like they do with management I know I know that's never going to happen I could've sworn I heard the same thing no Saturday ground never work the day after Thanksgiving guess what Sundays are on the horizon too I noticed stay afloat we must be proactive don't want to but have to

Turdferguson

Just a turd
My bad should've proofed read my reply what I meant was they would be no more retirement only a 401(k) match just like they do with management I know I know that's never going to happen I could've sworn I heard the same thing no Saturday ground never work the day after Thanksgiving guess what Sundays are on the horizon too I noticed stay afloat we must be proactive don't want to but have to
They don't match for management anymore either.
So exactly what would we get for all these concessions?

rod

Retired 22 years

With more employees thinking like you I'm sure we can get the 10 and 12 year olds back in the coal mines where they belong.