Upcoming Q2 Earnings Report

bacha29

FDX Q2 earnings report due out after the bell on Thursday (12-16) . Average analysts estimate $4.23 Down from Q1 Morgan Stanley believes that it could go as low as $3.86. If Fat Freddy misses badly on his numbers ,what steps if any do you think he'll take to stop the earnings slump?

falcon back

FDX Q2 earnings report due out after the bell on Thursday (12-16) . Average analysts estimate $4.23 Down from Q1 Morgan Stanley believes that it could go as low as $3.86. If Fat Freddy misses badly on his numbers ,what steps if any do you think he'll take to stop the earnings slump?
What are your projections? Who cares what Morgan Stanley thinks.

zeev

Ground is in chaos per contractors posts, Express still hiring lots of expensive contractors,Amazon moving relentlessly to take share from small package.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Firing you would be a good first step

Mutineer

what steps if any do you think he'll take to stop the earnings slump?
Fat Freddy is in too deep. He will double-down on stupid. By hiring people MORE desperate and LESS competent than he already has.

I can't imagine there's a quick solution. But due to the so-called "labor shortage" narrative/lies, it would not surprise me if there are businesses actively pleading and bribing those in office to make it legal and easy to hire people who are currently of questionable immigration status and citizenship.

Replace the native-born citizens one at a time, and pay their replacements minimum wage (or less) supplemented by welfare benefits.

But enough about the wet-dreams of big-business and our overlords in power.

What do you think he will do?

zeev

Fat Freddy is in too deep. He will double-down on stupid. By hiring people MORE desperate and LESS competent than he already has.

I can't imagine there's a quick solution. But due to the so-called "labor shortage" narrative/lies, it would not surprise me if there are businesses actively pleading and bribing those in office to make it legal and easy to hire people who are currently of questionable immigration status and citizenship.

Replace the native-born citizens one at a time, and pay their replacements minimum wage (or less) supplemented by welfare benefits.

What do you think he will do?
Freddy’s options are few hard to compete with Amazon who is constantly building new warehouses for more product overnight to 90% of the us population

bacha29

Ground is in chaos per contractors posts, Express still hiring lots of expensive contractors,Amazon moving relentlessly to take share from small package.

What do you think he will do
We'll first have to see what the numbers are. In a very unusual move following the Q1 report FDX offered no forward looking guidance. If they offer none with Q2 then I think they might be considering a short term earnings hit in order to launch a new more aggressive spending plan on expansion and automation paid for with debt financing in the form of new bonds new stock or bank borrowing.

At ground what you might see is a further consolidation in the overall number of contractors where the weaker , less well capitalized, poorer performing are ordered to sell to the stronger ones who will be able to pick up additional routes at bargain prices. But even that doesn't mean that those who remain will not experience intense margin compression.

In any event be prepared for anything come Thursday after the markets close.

falcon back

Freddy’s options are few hard to compete with Amazon who is constantly building new warehouses for more product overnight to 90% of the us population
Does Fedex deliver a large amount of Amazon packages? When I left they weren't. A benefit of Amazon building warehouses is a big boost in FDX inbound. When I left, the area Amazon warehouses were getting a tremendous amount of inbound. A couple were getting 30 to 40 pallets per day of inbound.

Idesrve13

Hi I’m kinda new here but can anyone explain the logic behind fedex or Amazon when compared to UPS

like UPS is still doing great even when paying their employees good money with benefits. So why are Fedex and Amazon so adamant on the contractor model of employment. Especially fedex since ups is apparently doing better than them

bacha29

Hire you as an advisor, of course.
My mother is deceased. Fortunately, you still have yours and after watching Forest Gump she decided to use the same method Mrs. Gump used to get Forest in regular school classes to get you your job back. Then too since you didn't start walking until you were 9 crawling back to Fat Freddy came quite naturally to you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi I’m kinda new here but can anyone explain the logic behind fedex or Amazon when compared to UPS

like UPS is still doing great even when paying their employees good money with benefits. So why are Fedex and Amazon so adamant on the contractor model of employment. Especially fedex since ups is apparently doing better than them
Ups drivers do twice the work of those other losers

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
My mother is deceased. Fortunately, you still have yours and after watching Forest Gump she decided to use the same method Mrs. Gump used to get Forest in regular school classes to get you your job back. Then too since you didn't start walking until you were 9 crawling back to Fat Freddy came quite naturally to you.
In other words, bullseye @59 Dano.