Update on Motorcycle Vs. FedEx Ground fatality

thedownhillEXPRESS

Thanks snack dad.
Not that I'm hoping to see charges filed, but to the extent bbsam steadfastly said charges would have been filed that day if he was in the wrong was just insane....

bbsam

Staff member
Thanks snack dad.
Not that I'm hoping to see charges filed, but to the extent bbsam steadfastly said charges would have been filed that day if he was in the wrong was just insane....

What is insane is your initial reaction that the Fedex driver was wrong without the investigation. I invite you to reread the original newspaper report and then read the comments posted. Seems that there are people out there with enough experience to see more than one possibility.

bbsam

Staff member
Protect and deflect. Of course you don't want there to be any stink about unsafe Ground drivers. That threatens the big plan. No shame...

You may be certain of what happened, but aree you certain enough to allow law enforcement to arrive at the same conclusion?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Protect and deflect. Of course you don't want there to be any stink about unsafe Ground drivers. That threatens the big plan. No shame...

I work for Express, I'm as concerned about Ground's reputation as I am about the reputation of the Algerian national shuffleboard championship.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
....and this breaking news just in: nothing new to report on the motorcycle vs. FedEx Ground fatality

we now return you to our regularly scheduled fussin' an fightin'

Look at the picture of the accident. Unless the motorcycle was speeding, it's very clear who is at-fault....the Ground driver. He turned left in front of the bike, and even if the motorcycle was speeding, a professional driver would have noticed it. My guess is that he was distracted, either by being in a hurry, looking at the PPad, or otherwise not paying attention. Simple.

bbsam

Staff member
Look at the picture of the accident. Unless the motorcycle was speeding, it's very clear who is at-fault....the Ground driver. He turned left in front of the bike, and even if the motorcycle was speeding, a professional driver would have noticed it. My guess is that he was distracted, either by being in a hurry, looking at the PPad, or otherwise not paying attention. Simple.
That is very astute of you...and makes my point. If it is that clear, why not ticket the driver on the spot. Or is the Cali High Pat just stupid.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That is very astute of you...and makes my point. If it is that clear, why not ticket the driver on the spot. Or is the Cali High Pat just stupid.

Probably just going through the motions. CHP probably doessn't want to get sued for a bad investigation. Plus, I'm guessing there are toxicolgy tests pending on the driver and the motorcyclist. Even if the motorcyclist was hypothetically intoxicated, the Ground driver would still be at-fault. I'd forgotten that he (Ground) could have been lighting-up a joint and forgot to pay attention to traffic.

bbsam

Staff member
Probably just going through the motions. CHP probably doessn't want to get sued for a bad investigation. Plus, I'm guessing there are toxicolgy tests pending on the driver and the motorcyclist. Even if the motorcyclist was hypothetically intoxicated, the Ground driver would still be at-fault. I'd forgotten that he (Ground) could have been lighting-up a joint and forgot to pay attention to traffic.
Hmmmm. California highly litigated, Fedex very deep pockets, been over a week--I'm thinking more and more there's simply nothing there. And why if the motorcyclist was "intoxicated, the Ground driver would still be at fault"? What law book are you making up in thin air?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hmmmm. California highly litigated, Fedex very deep pockets, been over a week--I'm thinking more and more there's simply nothing there. And why if the motorcyclist was "intoxicated, the Ground driver would still be at fault"? What law book are you making up in thin air?

The one that says when you screw-up, you are accountable. Nothing there? Who needs to grow up now? Get real. The guy is DEAD, and he's DEAD because the Ground driver turned left right in from of him. "Nothing to see here", "Move along now". Jeez...

bbsam

Staff member
The one that says when you screw-up, you are accountable. Nothing there? Who needs to grow up now? Get real. The guy is DEAD, and he's DEAD because the Ground driver turned left right in from of him. "Nothing to see here", "Move along now". Jeez...

Hey, I'm as amazed as you if everything you ASSUME is true. I don't know why the AUTHORITIES haven't done anything yet. YOU have it all figured out. What's wrong with THEM?! And why aren't YOU asking the same question if you are certain of the facts?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey, I'm as amazed as you if everything you ASSUME is true. I don't know why the AUTHORITIES haven't done anything yet. YOU have it all figured out. What's wrong with THEM?! And why aren't YOU asking the same question if you are certain of the facts?

Not certain of the facts, but if a picture paints a thousand words, then the photo of that Ground truck with a motorcycle centerpunched into it's right side says "GUILTY" a thousand times.

bbsam

Staff member
Not certain of the facts, but if a picture paints a thousand words, then the photo of that Ground truck with a motorcycle centerpunched into it's right side says "GUILTY" a thousand times.

And that photo has been diisregarded by the officials?