update: we were all just let go

bjghtiiiii

so, one thing I didn't realize. We were all casual employees. None of us recall that term during the interview process, but apparently that is what we were hired as. What's confusing is how come they kept telling us during peak season that we had a chance to become full time employees. I guess they were just ERT#$@ with us the whole time. This is really a disgusting organization. They never had any intention of keeping us, it was just a big joke, they just used us for 6 months, making us work harder and harder telling us we're getting closer to becoming employees. absolutely pathetic and disgusting.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
so, one thing I didn't realize. We were all casual employees. None of us recall that term during the interview process, but apparently that is what we were hired as. What's confusing is how come they kept telling us during peak season that we had a chance to become full time employees. I guess they were just ERT#$@ with us the whole time. This is really a disgusting organization. They never had any intention of keeping us, it was just a big joke, they just used us for 6 months, making us work harder and harder telling us we're getting closer to becoming employees. absolutely pathetic and disgusting.
at least you can understand the words coming out of their mouth

watdaflock?

See ya next September!

bjghtiiiii

did you pay union dues

no, none of us were paying union dues yet. The funny thing is I called the union last monday and they said if you can punch in and punch out on jan 11th, then you are offically in the union. So, I punched in and punched out on Jan 11th and i'm gone the following monday

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
nope, none of us did. There were 7 of us hired back in July. They canned all 7 of us today. Management never had any intention of keeping us, they just lied to us the entire time and used us

Are you sure you're not just laid off ?

If you started in July, and constantly worked.... you should have gained seniority.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
yeah, i'm sorry. I'm laid off, not fired. I'm just really confused right now.
You come on here pissing and moaning that they "canned" you. That means terminated but then you say you are just laid off. Well WTF is it? If you are just laid off, I would stop popping off at the mouth and wait and see what will transpire.

iruhnman630

Being laid off for a while after your first peak is a normal part of the process at UPS.

Of course if they see this emotional rant, you might as well move on.

Now calm down, call your stewards, and get confirmation of your status. Last I knew, working two consecutive seasonal periods (summer and peak) means you are in.