update: we were all just let go

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
so, one thing I didn't realize. We were all casual employees. None of us recall that term during the interview process, but apparently that is what we were hired as. What's confusing is how come they kept telling us during peak season that we had a chance to become full time employees. I guess they were just ERT#$@ with us the whole time. This is really a disgusting organization. They never had any intention of keeping us, it was just a big joke, they just used us for 6 months, making us work harder and harder telling us we're getting closer to becoming employees. absolutely pathetic and disgusting.
I was a peak hire in 1993 for Christmas and in May of 1994 they called called me and asked if I wanted to come back full time. After 30 work days I was IN and worked the next 22 and a half years.

I never kept in touch during those 5 months off but why don't you just keep asking if you wanna get on permanent?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
so, one thing I didn't realize. We were all casual employees. None of us recall that term during the interview process, but apparently that is what we were hired as. What's confusing is how come they kept telling us during peak season that we had a chance to become full time employees. I guess they were just ERT#$@ with us the whole time. This is really a disgusting organization. They never had any intention of keeping us, it was just a big joke, they just used us for 6 months, making us work harder and harder telling us we're getting closer to becoming employees. absolutely pathetic and disgusting.
0ABF9BB7-EB94-429E-8A46-09CA85AB9B7D.gif

You got paid all your suffering
Didn’t you?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Move on to FedEx because their volume is lighter and you wont have to work so hard. This job isnt for everyone and I'm pretty sure it isnt for you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ha ha.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They told me all that stuff too, here I am going on six years. Mustn’t have made the cut.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Being laid off, work's to your advantage.

File for unemployment (if need be) and wait for the call back.

I get laid off from my feeder department every year but nothing changes because I'm so high up I still work everyday most weeks.

We're laid off per article 48 section 2. I'm guessing if I try to file for unemployment that section would tell me I need to bump into the building to get my hours.

My first year I had to bump back into the building to keep insurance. I work the fewest hours possible in the building, why bust my balls for $24 an hour when three years later I'll would be making $36 an hour.

I also recommend banking all your sick days when at low rate. 4 years from now you can cash them in at top rate. :-)

MattM

It’s the illusion. I know inside guys who try to drive and get dragged along. Good luck if you’re an outsider and expect a decent chance.

no one just comes in off the street and is FT right off the bat. That should be known from the get go. That’s the illusion.

I know inside guys who transferred to a driving hub and thought they’d be FT and driving right away. Most get to be cover guys. Some get their own route for a week. Quite a few get turned into 22.4s and will be that way for at least a year. They have to know what they’re getting into.