UPS’ new trucks look straight out of a Pixar movie

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They’ll probably milk them for PR/tax credits and then send them to run baby routes in upstate NY.
I know that the few electric vehicles we have received ran for a couple mo the and now are sitting in the back of the property not being used... mechanics said they are a pita to work on also...

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Those are the European version.

Have you ever seen their buses and semi's over there? They don't look anything like ours, but they look just like those new package cars.

20180512_003205.png

20180512_003106.png

Box Ox

I know that the few electric vehicles we have received ran for a couple mo the and now are sitting in the back of the property not being used... mechanics said they are a pita to work on also...

Yeah. I've also heard of some bad friend/family experiences with electric hybrid vehicles. Seems like battery technology hasn't advanced as quickly as the aspirations companies have for their use. So a lotta products they're put into come up short in performance and/or longevity. Still a sexy PR sell to the wider public.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Last year when my wife and I were in Bath, England, caught a package car in the wild. Had two guys in browns, both were handling packages. Didn’t look anything futuristic or whatever. Saw a couple trucks on Oxford St as well in London.
D24DE871-AC67-4F51-9F5B-CADA5B3FFDB3.jpeg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah. I've also heard of some bad friend/family experiences with electric hybrid vehicles. Seems like battery technology hasn't advanced as quickly as the aspirations companies have for their use. So a lotta products they're put into come up short in performance and/or longevity. Still a sexy PR sell to the wider public.
They have had a couple trucks run out of electricity and had to be towed back to the building...lol...

Box Ox

Didn’t look anything futuristic or whatever. Saw a couple trucks on Oxford St as well in London.
View attachment 193085

Looks like the kinda truck you’d show an American feeder driver a picture of to try and tempt them to move back to delivery. Tell ‘em it’s got AC, a radio and heated seats.

They find out there are no heated seats after they’ve signed on the dotted line. They want out and back into feeders immediately.

specter208

I'd rather drive a sprinter. Keep those in Europe please. Bring back the manual transmissions in the '24 Foot Vans atleast.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Well they can waste a billion on orion
Instead of investing in their infrastructure, why not waste another Billion on more stupid ideas?