UPS 240,000 - Amazon 100,000 in 5 Years

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I agree 100%. Whenever the hell they pick one, USPS will be buying 180,000 vehicles and it will take at least five years to get them all. That’s from established manufacturers like Ford, Oshkosh and AM General. No way a start up pulls it off.
No way it gets thru 2" of snow, the issue of putting chains on the rear tires is dead, and the paint match from the drivers door is as good as our uniform parts. Good planning.

Looks like Nemo.
Screenshot_20190922-052433_Google.jpg

Last edited:

ThePackageDeli

Some of you act like Amazon is being insincere about its delivery ambitions. It's not a joke. Look at the progress Amazon has made in the last 5 years. And they announce an additional 100,000 package cars in the next 5 years and you think it's a joke? Don't be ridiculous.

...Start/keep saving your money everybody.

ThePackageDeli

Don't make the mistake of thinking the world is the same as it was 15, 10, or even 5 years ago. Technology is rapidly advancing. And both political and economic change is coming.

Dumbperson

If amazon delivers like its tapes it's packages I'm not gonna worry.

On a serious note, I wonder if the average American consumer ever contemplates what the shift to getting everything delivered by Amazon et al will have on the economy. I mean everyone loves $3 flip flops that show up at your door the next day, but the race to the bottom and Amazon's penchant for being a :censored2:ty employer has any effect on a persons shopping tendencies? I mean I love this county and your average American gets a bad rap around the world, but we are racing to full blown clown world with the youngest adults out there.

Last edited:

Dumbperson

The Woke Generation gonna love getting their Chinese-children-made products delivered by gig economy zombies brought to them by the wealthiest man in the world. And then blame capitalism when it all comes crashing down

ThePackageDeli

He's a media whore, this is just like the Sprinter van order. Takes credit for placing orders then says he has nothing to do with the delivery side, even though they control every aspect of delivery through their independent contractors.

Amazon Has Ordered 20,000 Mercedes-Benz Vans to Start Delivery Service
Exactly! Now he's ordered 100,000 more!... Those Mercedes vans have infested southern Ohio in a very short time. You see them everywhere. And they're using budget, u-haul, and unmarked vehicles on top of it.