UPS 3 Day Select packages

BurntSienna

Are 3 Day Select pickups considered air packages? Do they go with air or ground packages when you unload? I should know this but wasn't sure.

DriverNerd

They are air packages, since they could go by plane if the distance is too great to drive. In our local sort they are sorted through the ground system (which means as drivers we treat them as ground) and the ones going air are separated to go to the airport.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I've picked up packages that are being shipped in town less than 5 miles away and for some reason the company uses 3DS. I don't understand it.

Star B

White Lightening
Even at a special rate, wouldn't ground be cheapest? It doesn't bother me what they wanna do, it just confuses me.
Not exactly. It's cheaper for me to ship XS (which is our 3ds) vs Ground. I know most of the discount levels our local Express shippers get and they are pretty much in par with our employee discount.

clean hairy

Not exactly. It's cheaper for me to ship XS (which is our 3ds) vs Ground. I know most of the discount levels our local Express shippers get and they are pretty much in par with our employee discount.
Wuat employee discount are you speaking of?
At the customer counter there are no discounts that I know of.
Turdferguson could confirm this for us?

I get a discount as part time preload and I haven't hit seniority. I have never used the other discounts. I think once you get an ID number you are eligible.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Wuat employee discount are you speaking of?
At the customer counter there are no discounts that I know of.
Turdferguson could confirm this for us?

I get a discount as part time preload and I haven't hit seniority. I have never used the other discounts. I think once you get an ID number you are eligible.

IMG_1466.GIF