UPS and the USPS

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
So my wife order some clothes for thanksgiving, she looked at the website wednesday morning and it was out for delivery.

She got them today from the post office, not happy.

I explained to her what happened, until then she thought it was just one more reason to dislike UPS.

I wonder how many people dont get this new service and blame it on UPS when they get their stuff a few days after we delivery it to someone else.

rocket man

So my wife order some clothes for thanksgiving, she looked at the website wednesday morning and it was out for delivery.

I explained to her what happened, until then she thought it was just one more reason to dislike UPS.

I wonder how many people dont get this new service and blame it on UPS when they get their stuff a few days after we delivery it to someone else.
ask the post office

UPSGUY72

I delivered to a Post office on a route I covered a week ago and there was a bag of package still bagged that the guy delivered the day before still not delivered.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I delivered to a Post office on a route I covered a week ago and there was a bag of package still bagged that the guy delivered the day before still not delivered.

See that all the time at the Post Office I have, I fill up cart they have and the next day I come back and I just fill up the cart next to the one I flled the day before, which is still full.

I guess when they have time they get to the UPS stuff.

Johney

I find that quite a flaw in our tracking system. Site says out for delivery,your expecting it,shows up next day(if your lucky) by USPS. It has happened to my wife on a few occasions. Why not just tell them it's on rte to the local P/O? I can't imagine how many calls the call center has to handle due to this problem.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I find that quite a flaw in our tracking system. Site says out for delivery,your expecting it,shows up next(if your lucky) by USPS. It has happened to my wife on a few occasions. Why not just tell them it's on rte to the local P/O? I can't imagine how many calls the call center has to handle due to this problem.

For all we know some guy in Upstate NY may have futured the package.

AKX

I had a customer tell me a couple weeks ago "I dont pay for UPS shipping to have the post office leave it hanging on my mailbox" and I totally agree. It is a total sham to our customers and needs to be addressed in the next contract. You cant tell me the only way we can keep those accounts is by offering them basic service for cheaper shipping. I noticed this week Cabelas is using basic now as well. UPS is doing everything possible to eliminate routes and jobs.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

​When I have a customer approach me with this same situation I explain to the customer to look at the tracking number. If it has a PT it goes to the post office before it goes to the customer. Most customers are greatful for that bit of info.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I had a customer tell me a couple weeks ago "I dont pay for UPS shipping to have the post office leave it hanging on my mailbox" and I totally agree. It is a total sham to our customers and needs to be addressed in the next contract. You cant tell me the only way we can keep those accounts is by offering them basic service for cheaper shipping. I noticed this week Cabelas is using basic now as well. UPS is doing everything possible to eliminate routes and jobs.

Tell the "customer" they are not paying UPS for shipping ... the shipper is.

Not IN Trace

I was told by the postmaster at my local post office last week that if his drivers are heavy or overdispated that he makes sure all the USPS stuff goes out before any UPS stuff goes out..period.

AKX

Tell the "customer" they are not paying UPS for shipping ... the shipper is.

But the customer is led to believe that the item is being shipped via UPS. Which it is, to their local post office. But there is nothing there to tell the customer that in most cases. Then it shows up a day or two later than expected laying beside their mailbox or in a wal mart bag tied to it. Looks bad on UPS because remember the the cumstomer believes the item was delivered by UPS.