UPS App For iPad Advances Suite Of Customer Technology Offerings

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Enhanced map and tracking features enable consumers to closely monitor shipment status

UPS today announced a new UPS App for iPad, to let users easily track packages, find UPS shipping locations, and access UPS My Choice®, all with enhanced mapping features. The free app is now available for download on iTunes and in the Apple App Store.

The UPS App for iPad enables customers to track packages and find locations where they can send shipments. Additionally, the app allows users of UPS My Choice to access all of the features of the service including the ability to reroute or reschedule delivery. UPS My Choice Premium members can also view their delivery planner within the app.

"The UPS iPad App release aligns with our customers' increasing use of tablets for shopping and completing day-to-day tasks on-line," said Stu Marcus, vice president of customer technology marketing at UPS. "The new app allows our customers to more easily view and manage their shipments from an iPad. The enhanced mapping features of the app provide an engaging visual display of shipments in transit, and details of a shipment's progress are updated regularly while en route."

According to the Pew Internet & American Life Project, as of January 2013, 31 percent of American adults own a tablet computer1, up from 25 percent in August 2012 and four percent in 20102. With this surge of growth and as an innovator in mobile technology since the creation of the driver handheld mobile computer in 1990, UPS continues to expand its offerings and services to best suit its customers.

Designated by iPad Insights as this week"s best free app, the UPS App for iPad is available within the U.S., and will be enhanced throughout the year. The UPS Mobile Apps for iPhone, BlackBerry and Android devices are available to customers in Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Canada and the U.S.