"UPS Basic Service"

RanMan

Its not a cute way of getting around it. I am the one responsible for it being in my board. The cover driver on my route would DR the apts. I put a stop to it. But that does not mean I cant leave shipper release pkgs. And I am not afraid of doing it. In 22 years as a pkg driver I have never been harrassed in any way, never been taken into the office or fired. It says no DR allowed it does not say no shipper release allowed. They are not the same.

Last edited:

tarbar66

There are always exceptions to the rule. One comes to mind, in my rural area I had about 15 basic packages for three post offices on Veteran's Day. I didn't leave them in the lobby of the Post Office. Interestingly, no prompt came up telling me to do anything special with them, just another Closed H.

I did have a prompt come up once for BASIC service when the barcode was actually on a Damage Call Tag. No one was home. I had to hit override a few times on that one, maybe even an Escape button or two.

Dispatch must not have been told that Veterans Day is a Federal Holiday.

I'll bet they got their butt kicked for all the closed holiday packages!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
What if you have...say, an apartment complex that DR is not allowed. I mean where it actually will not let you DR it in the board. You can't DR it then, Basic or not.

After you scan the pkg go to the street and override it. You can then DR the pkg.

Use the release number to dr in a non dr area basic package.