Ups beard petition

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
View attachment 67294 Tooner, its been a while, for sure. Laid up for a while, so I thought I would check in.

Some people cant look good regardless of what they do to their face. Others, well it makes them look better.

On a side note, have never heard, but a religious exemption might be even better than your doctors note, just sayin.......
There are several religions where facial hair is "recommended" for the adult married males. I am not positive, but fairly
sure, there are portions of our world wide delivery system where men (and women) are allowed facial hair.
Nice to hear from you, I will be gone soon too. I dont care if my driver has a beard. Or a tattoo. As long as he finds my house.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Do you really think that a trimmed beard and/or goatee would make us less professional?
I know I dont. And those who are serious about it, can take it up in the next contract. Til then as we all know, we have rules, no matter how stupid or ancient. Just like wearing shorts, then people dont want to wear the socks.

P

pickup

The "I want to grow a beard" thread comes alive again. I guess you can always dream---------------but it isn't going to happen. -----

I suppose the same thing was said about getting rid of the "captain's hat" , the bow ties and the allowing of wearing of shorts.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know I dont. And those who are serious about it, can take it up in the next contract. Til then as we all know, we have rules, no matter how stupid or ancient. Just like wearing shorts, then people dont want to wear the socks.

From what I have been told the Union has brought up the proposal at each of the last 3 contract negotiations and each time the Company has shot it down.

kingOFchester

From what I have been told the Union has brought up the proposal at each of the last 3 contract negotiations and each time the Company has shot it down.
For everything gained during negotiations, something is lost. I would rather see them focusing on other issues rather then facial hair.

Besides, with management running around with reams of reports worrying about the countless metrics that do nothing to service the customers, I have found that I can shave Mondays and Wednesdays and not even get a second look. Well, until they figure a way to get facial hair length on a report.

upschuck

One person's well groomed, is another person's totally messed up look. To much left up to interpretation. There would be too much harassment of certain people and too many grievances for management.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Do you really think that a trimmed beard and/or goatee would make us less professional?

Has anyone, ever seen a UPS Freight driver.... and wondered why, they can ?

Employee "wish lists" are long and extensive, during contract negotiations.

It's never been a serious subject.

-Bug-

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
No one abuses the "stash" privilege...just have gidelines for the beard aswell...simple

You must be new. I pushed the envelope with my mustache for over 34 years.

Got talked to at least once a week.

View attachment 67294 Tooner, its been a while, for sure. Laid up for a while, so I thought I would check in.

Some people cant look good regardless of what they do to their face. Others, well it makes them look better.

On a side note, have never heard, but a religious exemption might be even better than your doctors note, just sayin.......
There are several religions where facial hair is "recommended" for the adult married males. I am not positive, but fairly
sure, there are portions of our world wide delivery system where men (and women) are allowed facial hair.

Hey, Danny! Stick around for a while.

On you? Yes.

rod

Retired 22 years
Beards ,beards, beards-----when I started in 1971 the guys wanted beards way back then. I just don't see it happening. Personally I think there are bigger issues you should be concerned with-- like keeping your pensions, health care, RTW issues, OT, losing holidays, etc. As an outsider looking in you guys are peddling backwards.

upsgrunt

Standing ovation! Signed! I'm all for limiting the beardiness too. No need for the duck dynasty look. It's ridiculous unless you're a true mountain man. I just want to rock my ginger fu Manchu instead of running around looking like a friend.cking boy scout!!

I'm an Eagle scout- you got a problem with how boy scouts look?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Beards ,beards, beards-----when I started in 1971 the guys wanted beards way back then. I just don't see it happening. Personally I think there are bigger issues you should be concerned with-- like keeping your pensions, health care, RTW issues, OT, losing holidays, etc. As an outsider looking in you guys are peddling backwards.

As an insider I can tell you there is nothing more annoying than a retiree who still thinks he is relevant.

jaker

trolling
I have a doctor's note for shaving but what is funny is you will hardly see me with any hair

I shave my head and face at the same time and my hair grows slowly , so I shave every 3 to 4 days but sometimes my skin breaks out and I have to push it to 5 days and that's it

The bad part my wife doesn't like me with hair so I have to hear her complain about it more then they do