UPS Becomes a Member of the Vfl Wolfsburg Family

ROBO MOD

I'm a Robot
Staff member
The world’s largest parcel service provider will become the official logistics and sustainability partner of the German Bundesliga soccer team and take over international shipments for its fan shop.

With the start of the 2016/17 Bundesliga season, UPS (NYSE: UPS) will become the official partner of the VfL Wolfsburg soccer team. This partnership will extend to the Bundesliga Professional and women’s soccer teams. Plans include joint projects in the area of social media as well as sustainability projects; UPS and VfL Wolfsburg were the first in their respective industries to publish a sustainability report. UPS will also use the partnership for customer hospitality and for drawing attention to efficient B2C solutions.

“With regard to corporate or organizational culture, we share a lot of common values with the VfL Wolfsburg,” said Frank Sportolari, Managing Director UPS Germany. “First, there is the quality claim regarding everything we do, but then there is also the international orientation and the understanding of sustainability.”

Initially, the collaboration is designed for one year with the option of extending it by another year. Starting in the fall, UPS will deliver all orders placed with the VfL fan shops. This way, fans of the VfL Wolfsburg will be able to benefit from the special UPS My Choice® services and the UPS Access Point™ Network.

UPS Access Point locations allow convenient pick-up of shipments that could not be delivered as well as the drop-off of returns at small businesses “around the corner.” Mail order businesses can also offer their customers to have shipments delivered directly to a UPS Access Point location. With the UPS My Choice service, recipients of a UPS shipment can control when and where they would like to receive their deliveries. The most important benefits of UPS My Choice are that shipments are announced ahead of time, packages can be rerouted to a different address (such as a UPS Access Point location) and delivery dates can be rescheduled. This can be done online or with the UPS App before a delivery attempt is made. This way, recipients can also communicate their times of vacation or absence, so that their shipments are held and delivered on a predetermined date after their return. Today more than 26 million consumers use UPS My Choice around the world.

“We are very happy to welcome UPS as a strong partner into our VfL family and to the Bundesliga. An international partner such as UPS, which is active in 220 countries and territories, is a perfect match for us”, says Klaus Aloffs, Manager of the VfL Wolfsburg.

“We are proud to have convinced UPS of us and our international overall orientation, and that they took a decision for the VfL Wolfsburg”, stresses VfL Wolfsburg Manager Thomas Röttgermann.