UPS better watch out

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JetDoc812, Dec 12, 2019.

1. JetDoc812

JetDoc812 Member

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

3. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

And UPS helped them start setting up their network. LMFAO. You can’t make this * up.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. JetDoc812

JetDoc812 Member

I don’t understand why we keep doing business with them, hopefully when the time comes and amazon starts shipping for everyone(not just themselves) we under cut them so bad they can’t do it. We do own all our stuff every single thing they own is leased.

5. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

I think UPS leases most of their buildings.

6. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Don't think so. They will lease for short term but they also tend to buy a lot of property for future expansions.

7. rod

If that is true then UPS is the proud owner of the worst looking building in the local industrial park.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

They might own the whole industrial park and lease out the better places to other companies.

9. rod

They do own the lot next door but refuse to expand on it because the city insists any new building must have a blacktopped parking lot. :-)

10. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Well-Known Member

Not the 120,000,000 dollar building I'm in.

11. Tightupser

Tightupser Member

We are expanding first of year to much volume

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

They will never ship for their competitors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  13. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

No joke before peak used to see 3 or 4 different amazon vans a day. Since Thanksgiving, not a single one.

14. UpsYours

UpsYours Member

no they aren`t

15. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

This guy is on crack!

I'm sure some areas may be doing 50% of their packages but it's probably only 10% of their packages by volume. They aren't delivering anything large in my area.

16. TheBrownNote

TheBrownNote Good thing I wore my brown pants

THIS! i saw one amazon guy. at one stop. as i dropped an amazon envelope and he was dropping a box. i just shook my head, laughed and told him just how much hes being underpaid.

17. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

I live on a cul-de-sac. Was outside the other day. Saw an amazon driver park in front of the house across the street from me. She got out and dropped their package on their porch, got back in her van, drove to the end of the street, came back and parked in front of my house and brought me a package. Makes sense to me. lol.

18. Airbear

Airbear New Member

A Fedex (express) driver I talk to on my route told me mngmnt pulled their drivers into a meeting today to give them a heads-up; they're expecting to be delivering Amazon again before the holiday is out, and Fedex won't be extending their previous arrangement's cut rates for 'em this time. Smart.

Why is UPS still refusing to hold Bezos hostage too? Nothing to gain and lots to lose by continuing to service Amazon as we do.

19. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

20. rod

Goofy things happen. My record you having to go back to the same house with another package was 4 times. (That was back before some electronic techy thing told you how many packages you had for a certain stop). Going back a second time was quite common.