UPS book of records

Dustyroads

Back in the day, the UPS magazine, The Big Idea, used to do a book of records about once a year, maybe it was in the January issue. Anyway, I'm sure a lot of upsers have stories about what they've seen or done in the course of their jobs. One record I recall was the longest driveway, another was the most stops delivered by one driver in one day. You get the idea. In this thread, you can make up the catagory and submit your record entry.

I'll start it off with a seasonal record. I deliver to the house with the most inflatable christmas decorations, I think the owner mentioned that there were 75! I think that's a record that will stand for awhile!

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I'll start it off with a seasonal record. I deliver to the house with the most inflatable christmas decorations, I think the owner mentioned that there were 75! I think that's a record that will stand for awhile!
What a coincidence!! I deliver to the house across the street. You know the one, where the kid keeps asking for a BB gun every Christmas. :wink2:

Dustyroads

Helen, it may be a record. Reminds me of a driver we had when I started. She worked in package for 18 years and never delivered in a peak season. We all thought she was faking until she had a kidney removed one peak season...

upsgrunt

In 24 years, I've never had a lost time injury and only missed 2 scheduled days of work. The second missed day caused some retaliation. When I went back the next day, all of a sudden my route had become a "training" route, and I was forced off it for 30 working days.

Dustyroads

Wow, grunt and matt, those are both really great attendence records, much better than mine.

BTW, our package car union steward and myself share the record for the most donuts consumed at a morning meeting...a six pack!

Dustyroads

Oh, man, Emerg, I will never beat that record. 421!!!!! Yikes, I bet you were just a little underallowed that day! I hit 308 one day, and it wasn't even at peak.

Dustyroads

Race, that reminds me of an old saying my Dad had about someone who was "going nowhere but making great time." Of course, if you were late, the upside is that there would be no service failures.

Dustyroads

You gotta love that windshield time...but I think you overlooked a new record for you, Emerg, the greatest distance between two consecutive delivery stops. You're in the book twice!

rod

Retired 22 years
Drove 230 miles round trip with one package hauled over and zero coming back. That was the first night of my shuttle route when UPS started delivering to Norh Dakota (1971). I don't remember hauling more than a dozen packages total for the whole 1st week.