542thruNthru

nothing in there about pics, just recording devices. Also dont think supervisors handling packages falls under whistle blower status. Oh well guess he will find out at his hearing

Cameras are also recording devices.
@542thruNthru post the BAs reason why the policy is now valid again.
Where's the paper trail?
No one challenges pics here.

Btw...pics are recordings fyi.

I think you misunderstood what I said. I am agreeing with you. My BA agreed also.

There is no disconnect here. I also agree the written/pictures/videos are all recordings.

F

Frankie's Friend

I think you misunderstood what I said. I am agreeing with you. My BA agreed also.

There is no disconnect here. I also agree the written/pictures/videos are all recordings.
Gotcha. I thought you were saying the nlrb decision was no longer good.
I thought, NOW WHAT?!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

you also cant use your phone while you are working, which is what im guessing he got fired for

542thruNthru

he should of just filed and got a witness to them doing it

I totally agree. That's what I would have done. Though some buildings are different and he may have a building full of coworkers afraid of putting a target on their back.

Still filing would have been the way to go.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
This could be the real reason. In which case he will get his job back rather quickly.
That would a)constitute a warning letter first and b) Nobody here has been disciplined for being on the phone for a short amount of time that I know of.
Perks of being in one of the strongest local in the country I guess.

542thruNthru

That would a)constitute a warning letter first and b) Nobody here has been disciplined for being on the phone for a short amount of time that I know of.
Perks of being in one of the strongest local in the country I guess.

Those are some of the reasons why I said "he will get his job back rather quickly."

MrBates

UPS in Bloomington Indiana is a bunch of bull:censored2: there supervisors run the packages off the belts and on the floors i have proof i have pictures then they fired me.

Taking pictures in the hub is a no no. You work as directed and if there was a safety issue, you should've reported it to the safety committee or shop steward.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That would a)constitute a warning letter first

Nope. Stealing time usually is an automatic discharge.

Nobody here has been disciplined for being on the phone for a short amount of time

That's the caveat. Are they truly going to terminate someone for using their cell phone for a brief period of time, and not constantly?

Maybe, to set an example or to "get back" at the employee in question and hit him in the pocket book.

While he should get his job back, it could cost him a few days, or weeks, pay.

If you're taking pictures, make sure it is to document a safety issue, or else do not do it on the clock.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Then what the hell they gonna do. Stand around being more useless, eating turkey sandwiches and making snide remarks?

What I've seen all the useless supervisor go to IE. @FrigidFTSup @TearsInRain :)

i like ham thx

IE is biggest piece of ass in this company. They couldn't engineer a taco. I imagine those smug :censored2:s going around telling chicks their industrial engineers. Gimme a friend'n break.
nobody ever dropped any panties by saying they're an engineer

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
IE is biggest piece of ass in this company. They couldn't engineer a taco. I imagine those smug :censored2:s going around telling chicks their industrial engineers. Gimme a friend'n break.
That's what IE stands for???

sunny_lil_kev.gif