UPS CEO: 'Very comfortable' with Amazon relationship

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS CEO: 'Very comfortable' with Amazon relationship - CNBC

UPS CEO David Abney said he is "very comfortable" with his company's relationship with Amazon.com, one week after The Wall Street Journal reported the relationship between the two had come under stress.

The report raised the possibility of Amazon emerging as a rival to UPS in a bid to process rising package volumes and offset higher shipping costs.

But Abney dismissed the notion that UPS' customers would be better off going it alone.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I thought it was @ like $30, then split 2 for 1, and IPO was @ $60?
It was $25 for private owners and the IPO offering was for $50 which turned into $60 for individuals buying the public stock.
It went up to $75 during the initial runup.

Therefore, the triple.

Note: I sold about 90% of my stock back in 2006 for a little over $82/ share

upschuck

It was $25 for private owners and the IPO offering was for $50 which turned into $60 for individuals buying the public stock.

Therefore, the triple.

Ok, my memory must be failing me. :)

Overpaid Union Thug

No, I don't.

Nope
Just tripled in a short time.
I kept saying, "Yeah it's bad for employees ... but not everyone else, especially the shareholders."

Thug is a very narrowly focused person!
I've had more than a few old timers in upper management tell me that going public was a huge mistake. They were able to admit that despite their personal monetary gain. I've had one actually tell me that the gains from his stock wasn't worth the BS that comes with being a publicity traded company. The mistake has also been mentioned on this board countless times. So, it is apparent that it is you that is narrowly focused. Not me.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've had more than a few old timers in upper management tell me that going public was a huge mistake. They were able to admit that despite their personal monetary gain. I've had one actually tell me that the gains from his stock wasn't worth the BS that comes with being a publicity traded company The mistake has also been mentioned on this board countless times. So, it is apparent that it is you that is narrowly focused. Not me.
That was a well laid out post ... nice job.

Overpaid Union Thug

That was a well laid out post ... nice job.
200w.gif

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Therefore, the triple.

The 25 being the price after the pre IPO split.

upschuck

I have actually got more packages this year UPS, than last year. Only one has come FedEx, and that is because it is coming Sat.