UPS.com 'Accepting applications for x'

Drukof

I understand that UPS primarily hires its drivers in-house, but there are dozens of positions at UPS.com 'accepting applications' for full time drivers.

Are these legitimate? Not asking how long it takes to get hired or anything like that, just wondering if the company (in general) posts for applications when it has no intent to hire anyone at that location in the near future.

Cheers, and apologies if this is a common question.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Think it depends on area, I got hired off the street and driving. Some make you work a season or two before getting a full time position.

Best to call and ask the center hiring.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
they are actively looking for drivers. they may be seasonal positions even if the website does not say so

Drukof

"UPS is accepting applications for full-time Package Delivery Drivers. This is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and..."

This was a post for Moab, UT. They all say either Full Time, Part Time, or Seasonal Part time from what I've seen.

You may be right tho, they could change it up or whatever.

Drukof

I'm planning to, I'm perfectly willing to take part time work. Just thought I'd post here and ask input from those with experience first.

ManInBrown

"UPS is accepting applications for full-time Package Delivery Drivers. This is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and..."

This was a post for Moab, UT. They all say either Full Time, Part Time, or Seasonal Part time from what I've seen.

You may be right tho, they could change it up or whatever.
I would almost guarantee it’s a seasonal position. They don’t hand FT driver jobs to people off the street day 1. But I will say this, where I am it used to be you had to work two seasons as a casual to have any chance of being put on permanent. That is not the case anymore. They are hiring casuals permanent right after making book where I am. I don’t know if it’s saturday ground, or they finally realized we might as well go on a hiring blitz now that it’s 4 years to full rate. Either way it’s crazy here. If you have a pulse and can make book off the street you’re in like Flynn here.

Box Ox

Search for jobs in New York. If you see anything in the upstate area, apply immediately and prepare yourself for a work life of sweet bliss and harmony.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's April 14, of course they are hiring for seasonal FT driver help.
8 hours a day is considered full time to UPS, but you'll probably only work 2-3 days.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I would almost guarantee it’s a seasonal position. They don’t hand FT driver jobs to people off the street day 1. But I will say this, where I am it used to be you had to work two seasons as a casual to have any chance of being put on permanent. That is not the case anymore. They are hiring casuals permanent right after making book where I am. I don’t know if it’s saturday ground, or they finally realized we might as well go on a hiring blitz now that it’s 4 years to full rate. Either way it’s crazy here. If you have a pulse and can make book off the street you’re in like Flynn here.

Wrong....I drove day 1 and never was considered seasonal, part time, or temporary.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I understand that UPS primarily hires its drivers in-house, but there are dozens of positions at UPS.com 'accepting applications' for full time drivers.

Are these legitimate? Not asking how long it takes to get hired or anything like that, just wondering if the company (in general) posts for applications when it has no intent to hire anyone at that location in the near future.

LaserShip is hiring also. If you have a old minivan, you're instant parcel chucker!

MrBates

Never believe anything they say. Sometimes you MIGHT get lucky and get a SHOT at a full time bid if the inside waiting list has been exausted, but that's like hitting the lottery.

What HR really means to say most of the time is "Yeah, there will be a full time position open eventually, but first we are going to use the hell out of you as a seasonal. Sometimes you might work a full week, or you might work 1 day that week. We won't tell you in advance though, you have to come in every morning and wait in the hub to see if we will throw you a bone. This might continue for 2 or more seasons and then IF we like you, we will give you a full time shot at qualifying.

If you really want it, be prepared to put up with a lot of bull$h1t. Just dont get discouraged. Its going to seem unfair, but everyone goes thru it.