Ups contract/Orion

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Scorpion King, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Scorpion King

Scorpion King New Member

Why isn’t getting rid of Orion in any of the negotiations, mgmt knows it’s garbage, drivers know it’s garbage. Winwin

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

The Union can not tell the company how to run it's business.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  3. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

I honestly would have voted yes, but this ram-rodding of Orion has blown my mind. Made me realize, upper level management is :censored2:ing nuts.

Only thing I can think of was that they did this so we (drivers) would work with management to "fix" the Orion Trace, thus making it "easier" for scabs to do our jobs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

ORION cannot be fixed.
    The underlying concept is irredeemably flawed.
    It is nothing but an exercise in forced stupidity for the sake of generating a compliance metric.
    They spent the money on it so they have to make believe that it works in order to justify the expense.
    The only workable “solution” would be to turn RDO back on and have the drivers hold all non-commit stops in prerecord, and then give their DIADS to a clerk at night whose job it would be to stop-complete the work in whatever order was needed to spoon-feed the desired compliance metric to the idiots in Atlanta who came up with this abortion.
    We get the work done, they get to see a number on a report. Win/win.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

In my opinion, ORION has always been a scare tactic, by the company, to make us believe anyone can do our job. You only have to look as far as PAL labels, and the idea “anyone” could be a preloader, to see how that works out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  6. wDoREj4eizD6E.gif

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

Someone wrote kiss my :censored2: on one of my irregs and it made me giggle.

8. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

You get paid by the hour. Work as directed.

9. Wally

aluminum-foil-hat.jpg

10. panchovilla

panchovilla Member

To me it’s funny that RDO was removed yet, I still rum my route my and no Supervisor will enforce ORION. Just waiting to see when they’ll start enforcing ORION so that I can laugh all the way to the bank$$$$.

11. PeakMode

PeakMode Arrive Peak Leave

ODU, cannot be fixed. It doesn't account for any real life traffic situations. No such thing as a perfect day and/or perfect load every single day.

12. vote yes!!!!

vote yes!!!! Member

RDO was taking out of the board months ago at my center, and it is a nightmare

13. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

I was off the other day and came back to find out the fill in for my route missed 3 commercial stops(almost 5) and then needed a couple pickups taken off of him. All because of following Orion

14. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Orion can still be turned off.... if the company wants to.

[​IMG]

15. Wally

16. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

If I were a supervisor or center manager there's no way I'd take the risk of turning it off. Do you think upper management couldn't review the dispatch?

Yer fired!

17. tadpole

tadpole Active Member

No. GPS/timestamps would all be off, all air would show as late.

18. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

I can't disagree with that.

I pulled this pic off a drivers facebook page and he was bragging how they can just

walk into the dispatch office and change it themselves. And no one says anything.

Others chimed in, and said it was being done in their location for "certain" routes.

Either way.... it makes you say Hmmm....

-Bug-

19. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I’ve been told, “if you need Orion turned off on any route you’re doing, just ask the PDS”

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Duh. Otherwise peak would be terrible.