UPS cowboy hat

chopstic

I drove a shuttle to another center last week and noticed a few "cowboy" style UPS hats. It looked like they were wearing them as part of their uniform. Where can i get one? is that a standard uniform item or something i have to order on my own?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
as i understand it, it's not standard issue unless you get a doctors note to block excessive sun from your skin or eyes. If you have migraines, it's easy to get the doctors note.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its called a "Wide Brim Hat" on the uniform order form. They come in small, medium, large, and extra large. Most people take a large, I know a few people that ordered XL and they don't fit. You might want to try somebodys on before you order to get the right size. They are standard issue now, no doctor's order required. They also have two sizes of shorts now. One has a 7 inch inseam and the other has ten.
IMG_0996.jpg

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The popular nickname around here is the "Indiana Jones" hat. I like it, a lot of my customers want me to get them one. It worked great in the rain one day last week, but my head broke a good sweat one day when it hit 70 degrees. I think its gonna be hot to wear in the Summertime.

The popular nickname around here is the "Indiana Jones" hat. I like it, a lot of my customers want me to get them one. It worked great in the rain one day last week, but my head broke a good sweat one day when it hit 70 degrees. I think its gonna be hot to wear in the Summertime.

The popular name around here is the "ha ha ha did you see what that dork is wearing?"

some1else

Banned
The popular name around here is the "ha ha ha did you see what that dork is wearing?"
i usually try to combine my uniform to make it look as idiotic as possible. that almost always includes the golf/visor hat but this new one looks even more RETARDED; i might go for it

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

The other nickname in my Hub is "Feeder Hat".:happy2: A few of the feeder drivers got them first. They cut off new uniform purchases right after I got mine, I'm the only Package Driver out of about 120 that has been wearing one.

some1else

Banned
They cut off new uniform purchases right after I got mine,

a couple years ago i had put in uniform request and they said that they "couldnt order." so about a month later some auditor with a clipboard came up to me and asked for my name etc. and why i was wearing such a ratty uniform? next day the center manager helped me order new shirts :)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
i usually try to combine my uniform to make it look as idiotic as possible. that almost always includes the golf/visor hat but this new one looks even more RETARDED; i might go for it

Hot pants and a visor hat??? And your making fun of my hat?:happy2:

Bad Gas!

I'll tell you what.The women like the dork cowboy hat.Call it what you want but it's nice that the little sunshines of the route like it.Who cares what some yankee inside worker thinks....LOL

dutchups

Wow, would like to get one of those overhere in Holland!!!

Would go nice with my brown wooden shoes!!!

Have been using my diad-clip for over a year now, now they`ve arrived officialy in the Netherlands.
So to be the first with that hat overhere would again drive people crazy overhere!!!!!!!

Who`s able / willing to help?????

Regards, Dutchups.

chev

Nightcrawler
I tried to put it on him before I shot that picture, he wasn't too thrilled about it just like that visor.

Scratch, your dog is beautiful. I have a piebald daschund that looks a little like him. I will have to post a pic of her when I get back on my home computer. I'm posting from my phone again.

I heard from another driver today that they will have a wide brim hat with a mesh top for the summer. Not sure how reliable that is. I'll have to see if I can confirm it.

Last edited: