UPS CUTS PART-TIME WORKERS PAY BY 1/3

chasces

This morning we found out that UPS cut our pay rate from $22/Hr. to $15/Hr. UPS did not tell us ahead of time that we would be working for a lower rate, we found out when we received our paystubs. I work at the Gateway at Harrisburg International Airport as a part-time air ramp worker. I have worked every single day that UPS would allow me to work since I began in 06/2020. Because we are chronically short handed, I have been working both the AM, and PM shifts since 03/2021, never missed a day or a minute of available work. I worked diligently, safely, in all weather conditions.

We broke our backs so UPS could make another record profit last year and UPS stock prices could reach an all-time high. Instead of rewarding its valuable grunt workers that make UPS a fortune, UPS DECIDED TO SCREW AND PUNISH ITS WORKERS!

Labelflipper

This morning we found out that UPS cut our pay rate from $22/Hr. to $15/Hr. UPS did not tell us ahead of time that we would be working for a lower rate, we found out when we received our paystubs. I work at the Gateway at Harrisburg International Airport as a part-time air ramp worker. I have worked every single day that UPS would allow me to work since I began in 06/2020. Because we are chronically short handed, I have been working both the AM, and PM shifts since 03/2021, never missed a day or a minute of available work. I worked diligently, safely, in all weather conditions.

We broke our backs so UPS could make another record profit last year and UPS stock prices could reach an all-time high. Instead of rewarding its valuable grunt workers that make UPS a fortune, UPS DECIDED TO SCREW AND PUNISH ITS WORKERS!
Ours was cut to the $15 starting 1/16/22 and we were not notified either. (Some people, I guess, knew but the majority of us didn't). I truly understand your pain. Your cut was alot more than ours, we were at $19 per hour. They have been paying an attendance bonus since then, guess to make up for some of the difference. It took us 3 weeks to get it, but are getting it now. Not sure how long that is supposed to last, another person on forum said theirs was ending 2/25. We have alot of people quitting because of it.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Ours was cut to the $15 starting 1/16/22 and we were not notified either. (Some people, I guess, knew but the majority of us didn't). I truly understand your pain. Your cut was alot more than ours, we were at $19 per hour. They have been paying an attendance bonus since then, guess to make up for some of the difference. It took us 3 weeks to get it, but are getting it now. Not sure how long that is supposed to last, another person on forum said theirs was ending 2/25. We have alot of people quitting because of it.
I’m sure people will quit. Why kill yourself for 15 bucks an hr.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Thoughts and prayers.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.

Have you ever considered joining management?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

How does the union allow negotiated wages to be cut?

quad decade guy

Were you working under a "flexible" pay rate? And hired under the knowledge it could "flex"?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I wonder the same.....and what was the exact agreement? "Negotiation"?

These wages were escalated(flexibly) to entice retainment? Knowing full well they could be "cut"?
The OP may have been receiving "free bagels" from the company. Many see the "free bagels" as something they are entitled to.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

You should understand that UPS in NOT a person. Think of the Terminator . A thing that lives but has NO soul with the only reason for being is PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT for US shareholders.

You are nothing to us but tools for making money......expendable.

The sooner you realize this the better.

Stay or Go.........we don't care......

It sucks but they're allowed to do it