UPS delivery in The Accountant Movie

P

pickup

This is a movie that starred Ben Affleck as a special kind of accountant ( in more ways than one).

Delivery by UPS to a character in the movie takes place at 13 seconds into the video. Outfit looks legit.

rod

Retired 22 years
This is a movie that starred Ben Affleck as a special kind of accountant ( in more ways than one).

Delivery by UPS to a character in the movie takes place at 13 seconds into the video. Outfit looks legit.

Damn! She ruined a beautiful "Dogs Playing Cards" velvet painting. I've got that one hanging in my workshop. I'd dump her for that move.

P

pickup

Damn! She ruined a beautiful "Dogs Playing Cards" velvet painting. I've got that one hanging in my workshop. I'd dump her for that move.

The painting under it was much more valuable.

Dr.Brownz

I was just about to comment on the diad, LOL.
Unless it's suppose to take place years ago, the diad was definitely out of place.

You know they only used that because UPS was too cheap to let Hollywood use a new DIAD. I bet the producer who made that product placement deal would be pissed if they knew.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You know they only used that because UPS was too cheap to let Hollywood use a new DIAD. I bet the producer who made that product placement deal would be :censored2: if they knew.
We use the same variety of Honeywell that the USPS and FedEx use.
It's not quite a trade secret...LOL

Dr.Brownz

We use the same variety of Honeywell that the USPS and FedEx use.
It's not quite a trade secret...LOL

???

Are you refering to the fact they are all made by Honeywell? Yeah so? What does that have to do with anything?

The DIADs aren't secret technology no, but I'm sure a hollywood producer wouldn't want dated technology in a film (the thing is the producer doesn't work for UPS, Fedex or USPS and thus wouldn't know it was dated) UPS in a typical move went the cheapo route and sent Hollywood a DIAD 4 vs a DIAD 5!

Still not sure what the point of your post is. Seems like your are arguing a strawman (the strawman being that I claimed DIADS were secret technology, which isn't even insinuated in my post, so not sure how you leaped to that conclusion. Just curious how did you score on your states standardized reading comprehension tests?)

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
???

Are you refering to the fact they are all made by Honeywell? Yeah so? What does that have to do with anything?

The DIADs aren't secret technology no, but I'm sure a hollywood producer wouldn't want dated technology in a film (the thing is the producer doesn't work for UPS, Fedex or USPS and thus wouldn't know it was dated) UPS in a typical move went the cheapo route and sent Hollywood a DIAD 4 vs a DIAD 5!

Still not sure what the point of your post is. Seems like your are arguing a strawman (the strawman being that I claimed DIADS were secret technology, which isn't even insinuated in my post, so not sure how you leaped to that conclusion. Just curious how did you score on your states standardized reading comprehension tests?)

WOW
Your reputation is WELL earned.

When a movie wants to be aged accurately, the director will be meticulous in making sure everything passes the test.
You insinuated UPS is "cheap" for sending the Diad IV, but the director obviously didn't care what device UPS used and for all you know, it was peak and UPS only had extra Diad IVs.
The producer has nothing to do with accuracy of product placement.

You are the one that said UPS is cheap and didn't want to use the good one.
I brought up Honeywell just to say we all used basically the same equipment, not that it was special or new.

Go back to doing meth and trolling !!!
Have a nice Sunday ! :)

PS - If you wanted accuracy, the UPS driver handed the Diad incorrectly to her and it should have been upside down.

Last edited:

Dr.Brownz

WOW
Your reputation is WELL earned.

When a movie wants to be aged accurately, the director will be meticulous in making sure everything passes the test.
You insinuated UPS is "cheap" for sending the Diad IV, but the director obviously didn't care what device UPS used and for all you know, it was peak and UPS only had extra Diad IVs.
The producer has nothing to do with accuracy of product placement.

You are the one that said UPS is cheap and didn't want to use the good one.
I brought up Honeywell just to say we all used basically the same equipment, not that it was special or new.

Go back to doing meth and trolling !!!
Have a nice Sunday ! :)

Ok well someone who has watched that film should be able to tell us if it is set in the winter.

If not then it proves my point UPS went the expected cheapo route and sent Hollywood a DIAD 4.

Or are you claiming the director is so familiar with UPS technology that they asked for a DIAD 4 because the film is set in winter?

Why are you getting so worked up over me calling UPS cheap? Do you work for their PR deparment or something?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Any good scenes of cars blowing up in the film? No film is really good without that and some T&A.

lOk3GV.gif

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Ok well someone who has watched that film should be able to tell us if it is set in the winter.

If not then it proves my point UPS went the expected cheapo route and sent Hollywood a DIAD 4.

Or are you claiming the director is so familiar with UPS technology that they asked for a DIAD 4 because the film is set in winter?

Why are you getting so worked up over me calling UPS cheap? Do you work for their PR deparment or something?

CF1PeWOAv68la.gif

P

pickup

It would have been better if he had her sign on paper---the old school way.

I hope Upstate doesn't see this post Rod. If he does, he'll probably start a thread about having you leave... oh wait a minute.. never mind.