ups discussions

why is it that we all have the same union, work for the same company but we all have different amounts of option days, sick days, it should be all the same

Savvy412

Because as you gain seniority ... You gain more perks .

Is that really a hard concept to understand .

A first year driver should have 5 weeks vacation ? Or a 30 year driver should have 1 week ?

We all get the same benefits. .. That is the most important

Turdferguson

Just a turd
why is it that we all have the same union, work for the same company but we all have different amounts of option days, sick days, it should be all the same

Each region of the union has things their members want and are important to them. The members are asked to participate in the process by contacting their local union officials to let them know what is important to them not every where is the same.

nystripe96

Drivers use sick days just to rest their bodies. I don't ever give them a reason why I need a day off even though I always have one

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Down south would be a good example of wages going further versus up north, dollar for dollar. To live the same lifestyle up north would cost more, meanwhile there's more smokers down south, so health coverage due to medical conditions that members suffer might be top on the list here. Different strokes for different folks.