ups discussions

By The Book

Some places start out at 15 bucks an hour and you can get obamacare for free. Not saying Ups is a bad part time job. However it seems places are started to pass Ups by. Pretty bad ups is lower then that 15 bucks. Not to mention in some places to go driving, who knows how long you will have to wait.
Do those other places that are passing UPS by have union job protection?, or virtually free healthcare?, or paid sick days?, or put money into your pension? Tell me again how bad UPS part time jobs are.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Do those other places that are passing UPS by have union job protection?, or virtually free healthcare?, or paid sick days?, or put money into your pension? Tell me again how bad UPS part time jobs are.

No one started out is thinking about a pension they may or may not get. Our union nor is ups helping those who are getting their pension cut off. Health care is going the way of Obama care and yes they get it for free. As for union protection tell that to all those fired and the union saying that it won't stick. If ups wants you gone, your gone. The union don't care. When I was hired it was 850 an hour health care after 30 days. Ups is not a good part time job anymore. You should see that with the people they hire who quit after two weeks. I've been here for 15 years and I wouldn't recommend ups to anyone.

35years

Gravy route
When I was hired it was 850 an hour health care after 30 days. Ups is not a good part time job anymore. You should see that with the people they hire who quit after two weeks. I've been here for 15 years and I wouldn't recommend ups to anyone.
When I started part timers made nearly the same per hr as full time. In today's dollars that would be about $35 per hour. And you received full benefits after your 1st year.

A big thank you goes out to all you current part timers who are keeping UPS profitable. That thank you is all you are going to get, unless or until you start voting at contract time.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
When I started part timers made nearly the same per hr as full time. In today's dollars that would be about $35 per hour. And you received full benefits after your 1st year.

A big thank you goes out to all you current part timers who are keeping UPS profitable. That thank you is all you are going to get, unless or until you start voting at contract time.

I am a part timer. Every contract I have voted no. This last one I voted no twice. Only to have it forced down our throat. So what is the point of voting if that is going to happen. I am ready for a strike and am fully prepared for it. I personally think we need to go on a strike, however are union does not. What is the point of a contract if the things in it don't get honored most of the time.

Some places start out at 15 bucks an hour and you can get obamacare for free. Not saying Ups is a bad part time job. However it seems places are started to pass Ups by. Pretty bad ups is lower then that 15 bucks. Not to mention in some places to go driving, who knows how long you will have to wait.
Just so you know, that pretty much was that way for a long time. What your complaining about is not worth it. It's much better than just about any part time job. What I do know is you won't say thank you when your at top rate. Part time jobs lead to full time jobs, always has. Part time jobs are just that. Find another one that has this benefit pkg., and get back to me.

Holydriver

Most employers don't run around looking for reasons to fire their employees so union protection isn't that important. Free healthcare that we have is horrible. It's free but it's just horrible coverage. I took my youngster to an in network provider to give my child some meds when she had a severe fever, sure no payment at time of visit but I ended up forking over $75 of a $200 bill...

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
give backs my fat white arse. I made $100,000 last year,have 7 weeks vaycay and dont pay a dime for my insurance. I see no give backs you speak of.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
medical ins, raises, no ins for a yr for new people also no paid holidays for a year
Its+a+cat+with+the+head+of+a+horse+and+_9aece15c779dbc20e289e887f459cb64.gif

Holydriver

give backs my fat white arse. I made $100,000 last year,have 7 weeks vaycay and dont pay a dime for my insurance. I see no give backs you speak of.
last year, when you were making that $100k, how much time (other than weekends and those 7 weeks vacay) did you get to spend and enjoy with your family eating dinner with them and watching your kids after school events? the events that your kids want you to attend?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
last year, when you were making that $100k, how much time (other than weekends and those 7 weeks vacay) did you get to spend and enjoy with your family eating dinner with them and watching your kids after school events? the events that your kids want you to attend?
So if money doesn't matter work somewhere else?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who want to be with them? The kids are a bunch of brats.

Holydriver

So if money doesn't matter work somewhere else?
Hahahahahahaha, you're right. I left UPS 2 months ago in early February. I work 9-5 everyday right now. I make $3 less an hour (much more though per week when you consider the lack of overtime) and I get paid holidays and other benefits. They are certainly not as good as UPS in terms of cheap insurance, and 5 sick 5 personal, but as of right now I can take a day off anytime I need to, I work my full shift leave work and do all I need to after work and I'm done with everything chilling with my family by the time I'd normally be punching out at UPS. My employer treats me like a human, never tries to intimidate me, doesn't micro manage me, and has an actual concern for my family. Matter of fact, my boss just gave me a gift for my youngster just for the sake of it and it was paid for on the company dime. I have zero fear of losing my job, I don't wake up calling my boss hoping I can get a RO, I don't care that it's raining, I don't stay up late at night trying to delay the inevitable....... My next work day, my body feels amazing, I'm am literally 100% stress free about work. Hell, I could go on forever.

Let me tell you the truth. I don't make as much money as I did. But gosh darn it's a great feeling being back in a job that actually cares about you. To UPS, you are just a turd that is easily replaced. Hell, there are tons on preload waiting to take your job. To my employer however, I'm a valuable member of the small team that relies on me for what I offer them. They want me there and make it evident by the way they treat me. I don't have to file grievances for excessive overtime, for harassment, for anything. It feels really :censored2:ing good.

So. Yea, the cats out of the bag...I'm no longer a UPSer. But rest assured, I'll continue to keep in touch with my former brothers here in BC!!!