ups discussions

Faceplanted

I can do my job, and I don't want to quit, I just don't lie to my self about how great it is, when there are different forms of great out there. Our benefits and pay package is great.... Would I consider taking a cut in both for a diff type of environment and job. Yes. Would I do it... Probably not.
It's not a reason for somebody to get bashed and called a puss though.

I had the pleasure of working for a magical company called publix so I have seen what the opposite of ups can actually be.... And believe it or not u can get paid good and good benefits as well as stock for free at certain places.

Just being real with my self because I'm not a kool aid drinker

Things like Orion are increasing the average paid day around the country to prove that they are saving miles. I used to work 40-45 hours a week, now my management is instructed to pile the work on to prove how great the system is.

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I can do my job, and I don't want to quit, I just don't lie to my self about how great it is, when there are different forms of great out there. Our benefits and pay package is great.... Would I consider taking a cut in both for a diff type of environment and job. Yes. Would I do it... Probably not.
It's not a reason for somebody to get bashed and called a puss though.

I had the pleasure of working for a magical company called publix so I have seen what the opposite of ups can actually be.... And believe it or not u can get paid good and good benefits as well as stock for free at certain places.

Just being real with my self because I'm not a kool aid drinker

Things like Orion are increasing the average paid day around the country to prove that they are saving miles. I used to work 40-45 hours a week, now my management is instructed to pile the work on to prove how great the system is.
Holy driver got called what he was because he's just stupid. Not for leaving ups but for all his posts.

He's just an idiot.

Browntown2014

It's not that I couldn't hang. I hung for several years. It's that I was man enough to see that UPS was a horrible life and decided to change it before I was stuck. See, you could have manned up and left a long time ago but you were scared. You probably thought "yea my life sucks, but I get paid good and my bemefits are OK" so you stuck around. I, however, said "yea this life sucks, and since I only get one life, I'm going to do what it takes to earn my keep in this world. I'll get educated and be successful in a field that doesn't require 50 hours a week." And here I am. I manned up enough to walk away from "100k" and chose instead to live a life that is full of happiness. You clowns act like you live the greatest life in the world. News flash bud, I did it for YEARS too. And I know you are miserable. So put on your smily face in this internet forum, but we all know, whether we admit it or not, that you are just as miserable as all other UPS drivers.

Lol you used to post as NovaDriver didn't you? You were a friend up from the beginning of your career based on your posts right?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Sorry you're upset but I have never felt harassed and I have worked a lot harder.

You do realize that you can be fired at most non union jobs just based on your manager's whims? We have more protection against hatassment than most jobs.

I never take my job home with me where a lot of professionals I am friends with are constantly working on their jobs during their supposed "free time" or forced to travel.
The fired on a whim thing is another union scare tactic that is comical this day in age