UPS driver accused of stealing over $100K in jewelry, valuable metals

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS driver accused of stealing over $100K in jewelry, valuable metals- Fox 59

Criminal charges were filed this week against an employee at UPS accused of stealing over $100,000 in jewelry and other valuable metals.

The case began when a manager at the UPS Distribution Center on 86th Street noticed an employee allegedly stealing shipping boxes starting in September. IMPD was then asked to investigate leading to the suspect being arrested.

At the end of his late-night shift, police claim a UPS truck driver would repeatedly enter high-value trailers and steal boxes of expensive jewelry.

“He knew what to look for and he would grab the packages he wanted and take them out of the facility,” said IMPD Detective Keith Hartman.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Criminal charges were filed this week against an employee at UPS accused of stealing over $100,000 in jewelry and other valuable metals.

The case began when a manager at the UPS Distribution Center on 86th Street noticed an employee allegedly stealing shipping boxes starting in September. IMPD was then asked to investigate leading to the suspect being arrested.

At the end of his late-night shift, police claim a UPS truck driver would repeatedly enter high-value trailers and steal boxes of expensive jewelry.

“He knew what to look for and he would grab the packages he wanted and take them out of the facility,” said IMPD Detective Keith Hartman.
How was he getting past the people at the high value trailers? We have fences around the high value area and no drivers are allowed in! You hand off the package and it’s logged in. Period. He had an accomplice that was marking which packages to take and letting him in at the right times.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

40 year old... how dumb can dumb be...and took them to a pawn shop... what a complete maroon...!

Last One In

This is my building. He was a feeder driver. I have complained about the lack of security here for years. Came back to the building one night and saw an unknown man walk out of the women's restroom. Overhead doors open, P doors unlocked, anyone can just wander in. Only time building was locked down was when the center manager fired a driver and was worried about the driver coming back and harming him.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
This is my building. He was a feeder driver. I have complained about the lack of security here for years. Came back to the building one night and saw an unknown man walk out of the women's restroom. Overhead doors open, P doors unlocked, anyone can just wander in. Only time building was locked down was when the center manager fired a driver and was worried about the driver coming back and harming him.
When I was on car wash it was common for fence jumpers to come in and steal packages at night. Security was only at gates. UPS does not care about your security or safety

When I was on car wash it was common for fence jumpers to come in and steal packages at night. Security was only at gates. UPS does not care about your security or safety
Well now all it is cut a hole through the fence and then cut the pads off behind the trailers and squeeze through and get inside the building

Better not bigger

rod

Retired 22 years
When I worked everyone had a key to the building (including most part timers). Sunday was fair game at the UPS building. We used to pull a few trucks out and wash our personal vehicles and do minor mechanical work. I still have a key to the building as far as I know.