UPS Driver Attacked By Middle Schoolers in Chicago Area

UPSmeoff

That is effed up. It probably would have been better if he ran the kid over.

I bet he starts carrying mace from now on.

I myself would feel more comfortable with a 9mm.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Uncontrolled heathens. We have a school where the police follow the kids home in a cruiser. They have been known to beat people who are using the sidewalk, and the convienince stores lock their doors. They walk on hoods and roofs of parked cars. They are like wolves, only worse. Woves do it for food, they do it for fun. You would think if they could follow them home, they could go rap on the door with thier big billy clubs, and wake the crack smoking, drug dealing parents up, and haul the whole family in. But that would be too easy. Mace, I dont trust. That guy needed a 500,000 volt stun gun, on his belt.

rushfan

I agree they should get the friend&^k beat out of them. When I was in school back in the early 80's we used to get the paddle, now they don't even do that.

It's a damn shame (and I'm assuming) that the parents don't have anything to do with raising them.

retired2000

years ago here in syr ny we had one of our drivers attacked in almost the same way. he was out for a little bit but went back on his route when he came back. do not know if the ever caught the brats though.

afups

retired2000 said:
years ago here in syr ny we had one of our drivers attacked in almost the same way. he was out for a little bit but went back on his route when he came back. do not know if the ever caught the brats though.
Brats???? I believe Criminals would be a better description.

retired2000

yeah, criminals is a better word for them. our guy was beat up when we still carried cod money with us. the juvies did get a few bucks off of him.

michael

Chicago area
I agree with all the comments, I lived (30 years ago) in the town where that happened. It wasn't the best of areas back then but it still doesn't excuse the behavior of these individuals. This would not have happened 30 years ago, we knew what the consequences would have been.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just hope the guy is recovering Ok. I remember how hard it was to go back to work after being attacked by a dog. I was afraid every time I saw a dog or "thought" I heard a collar rattle. I cant imagine being afraid of driving or getting out when there are kids around. Talk about PTS.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You really should not call them brats, think about how that might affect their tender self image!

WE need to have compassion for the poor misguided children that are crying out for help in their desperate manor.

What we have here is a failure of the government programs designed to help these kids. What ever happened to the funds for midnight basket ball?

Not my thoughts, but that of the lawyers and press once (or if) these teens get to court.

My personal thoughts are to line them up, give the driver a bull whip and 20 minutes. Or at the very least the buckle end of a belt?

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The problem is that it is not. If I had ever thought about doing anything like that, my dad would have been the last person I would have ever wanted to see. Rather through me in jail.

I remember when getting spanked in school only meant you were in for a real butt busting when you got home.

Now, who knows and cares. Cant use violence against the children, hell, they might become violent, just like these kids.

d

DS

Fenderbender
Danny your personal thoughts sound like muslim punishment.
If we cut all their arms off they will not bother us again.
They are misguided kids.I dont think you can blame the government.Its the parents that set the standards that are above this kind of incident.
I dont pretend to know all the answers but I bet most of the ones involved are basically nice kids.2 or 3 goofs that the younger ones look up to, can do things in a group that they would never do alone by themselves.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Kinda like the tattoo and body piercing crowd? never have seen one done on a teen but what they were not in a group egging the dummy on.

Bottom line is this, while the punishment is tough, lessons are learned. When there is no fear of punishment, what is there to lose?

s

lostintransit

dannyboy said:
Bottom line is this, while the punishment is tough, lessons are learned. When there is no fear of punishment, what is there to lose?

You hit the nail right on the head. It seems there aren't repurcussions for kids misbehavior like there were when I was a child. In fact, several years ago my husbands daughter came home from middle school with a "business card" that had a hotline number on it for kids to call if their parents hit them. They weren't just talking about abuse either. SO even if you want to spank your child, they can call the authorities on you. It's like giving the child power over the parent, when it should be the other way!

rushfan

I deliver to a few tattoo/piercing shops on my area. You should see the parents who bring their kids into the shops to get parental permission for a tattoo/piercing. Now I don't mind tattoos, I have one-the same with piercings.

However, in my humble opinion, many parents want to be their kids best friends-not parents.

UPSmeoff

Bellwood is one of the stops on my sisters commute home. She is in Lombard which seems to be a very nice neighborhood. I guess the closer you get to the city the worse it gets.
There is a great place in gtand central station that sells cheese popcorn..................holy shiiiiiiiiit is it good.
Only downfall is that your fingers turn bright orange.........

great popcorn............

that is a pro tip.

and a memo.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
And what does that have to do with the thread?

BTW, kindly lift your finger off the enter key. Needless use of space on the board, not to mention very irritating to the reader. Your intent is to draw the reader to what you think is important, but instead makes the reader want to just ignore what you post.

Best

d