UPS driver hiring process

Ok can someone tell me what the process is like getting hired as a package delivery driver is? I filled out application, got an email, emailed the lady back, got a call and Thursday I interview. Will I take my driving test on Thursday? If not when?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
There is no way to answer your question since every center does things differently. You're just going to have to wait it out and be surprised. Sorry.

I agree, seems to be different at every center....
The process I went through..
Online app,
Information session,
A week wait,
Interview scheduled,
Week wait,
Interview,
Dot physical,
Road course,
Pre course training,
4 week wait,
Hire date and integrad set

Hurry up and wait, especially depending on the amount of drivers they are hiring...it's different everywhere

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
1)Work inside waiting 3 1/2 years.
2)Get "the call" where you're told we need you right away, can you do your dot physical and road test today because You start driving school Monday.

Stopher

That's true. I work very hard and I'm good at what I do. All I can say is I've been at it for 9 years and my quality of life has decreased. Peak season seems to start earlier and end later every,summertime in the south is rough, and workloads heavier than ever. There is just so little time for social life. My advice to the fella wanting to bust into driving would be to get a feel for it then decide to sign those ft papers. Money does not always=happiness. Having one and then the other I want my hapiness back. Just sayin.

UPS4Life

That's true. I work very hard and I'm good at what I do. All I can say is I've been at it for 9 years and my quality of life has decreased. Peak season seems to start earlier and end later every,summertime in the south is rough, and workloads heavier than ever. There is just so little time for social life. My advice to the fella wanting to bust into driving would be to get a feel for it then decide to sign those ft papers. Money does not always=happiness. Having one and then the other I want my hapiness back. Just sayin.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1431453195.524385.jpg

No_Member_Name

Money can't buy happiness but I rather be crying in a Ferrari

box_beeyotch

You know what makes me happy is knowing how hard I work all week and how much more money I make than most people my age. That's what makes me happy. Screw a social life, I can party on the weekends and have plenty of money to fund it.