UPS Driver killed in Colorado Springs

Djalu-Roo

We lost a great friend and fellow driver last night in Colorado Springs. Don Buckner was a friend to everyone, a 35 yr Circle of Honor driver, always smiling and willing to lend a hand. A great guy. We are all shocked and saddened about last night's tragic loss.

We do not know why he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. Please make sure you buckle-up today in honor of Don. Stay safe, everyone.

UPS driver dies in Highway 94 crash

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We lost a great friend and fellow driver last night in Colorado Springs. Don Buckner was a friend to everyone, a 35 yr Circle of Honor driver, always smiling and willing to lend a hand. A great guy. We are all shocked and saddened about last night's tragic loss.

We do not know why he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. Please make sure you buckle-up today in honor of Don. Stay safe, everyone.

UPS driver dies in Highway 94 crash

I'd be willing to bet that the seat belt failed somehow.

You dont get to 35 years safe driving at this company like this man did by ignoring its #1 safety rule.

RIP.

AwashBwashCwash

I used to park trucks on night sort and my first week I never used the seatbelt because it helped me save some time.
Got called into the office and was informed they have sensors that tell them when the trucks move without a seatbelt engaged and that they knew it was me and to stop.
If they can tell that just for a guy parking on night sort there's no way this guy was cruising down the highway with no seatbelt on.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
RIP Don, this is horrible news.

Front tire blowout to make it roll over? Or was that another incident?

There was a rollover a few days back in Port St. Lucie, Florida. Our driver walked away from it.

UPStruckPortStLucierollover.jpg

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
There will be a massive cover up. Sad it happened but the family will never know the truth. 35 yr drivers wear the seatbelt always. I'm willing to bet it was cheap recap tires. Gotta save that $50.