UPS Driver Lonnie Lopez from Irving TX Achieves 30 Years Safe Driving

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS Driver Lonnie Lopez from Irving TX Achieves 30 Years Safe Driving - Irving Weekly

UPS drivers log hundreds of miles a day, in fact the road is where they spend the majority of their career. Who better to give advice on sharing the road and avoiding a crash.

A native of Irving, Texas, Lonnie has been on the same route for 20 years. With zero accidents over his career, Lonnie is an authority on safe driving.

Teaching others

Lonnie tells his kids, who are driving now, “You see how your eyes are constantly moving when you play your video game, looking for danger to pop up from any corner? That’s how you have to drive.”

Lonnie says keep your eyes moving means, you’re always looking for someone to put you at risk of a crash.

Big Rigger

#1) Being on the same route for two-thirds of your driving career helps immensely.
#2) He avoided more issues since orion was implemented imo.
#3) He wasn't an active union steward or he probably wouldn't be highlighted here.

Just my honest opinion and experience.

rod

Retired 22 years
#1) Being on the same route for two-thirds of your driving career helps immensely.
#3) He wasn't an active union steward or he probably wouldn't be highlighted here.

I pretty much had the same route for 25 of my 30 years. I knew everybody, where they worked, their spouses and kids names and dogs names. I could do that route blindfolded.

And I'm sure he reported every broken mirror that he had in his career

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
For all the whining about the 5 Seeing Habits and the 10 Point Commentary they DO work.

I taught them to all my children.