UPS driver Patricia Clark attains 25 years of safe driving

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS driver Patricia Clark attains 25 years of safe driving - Trucking Association of Massachusetts

Women make history every day, but Women’s History Month provides an opportunity to focus on those remarkable achievements.

In a male dominated career, Somerville Facility Driver Patricia Clark is the first female UPS driver in the Boston area to attain 25 years of safe driving. All without a single accident. She was able to achieve this remarkable goal while driving a large commercial vehicle on busy roads and through severe weather situations.

Patricia delivers in old Boston—the historic waterfront neighborhood of Charlestown. “It has the original brownstones. Cobblestone streets designed for horse and carriage. To get to this safe driving milestone in the extremely tight, old city environment makes her accomplishment remarkable,” said Business Manager Kevin Thibert.

Patricia joined the ranks of UPS as a part-time package handler in Watertown, Massachusetts thirty years ago. She was motivated to be a driver for the job security, good health care insurance and wages. She saw mostly men working in this field, but wasn’t deterred. She knew office work wasn’t for her. She liked the idea of working outdoors and on her own.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
UPS driver Patricia Clark attains 25 years of safe driving - Trucking Association of Massachusetts

Women make history every day, but Women’s History Month provides an opportunity to focus on those remarkable achievements.

In a male dominated career, Somerville Facility Driver Patricia Clark is the first female UPS driver in the Boston area to attain 25 years of safe driving. All without a single accident. She was able to achieve this remarkable goal while driving a large commercial vehicle on busy roads and through severe weather situations.

Patricia delivers in old Boston—the historic waterfront neighborhood of Charlestown. “It has the original brownstones. Cobblestone streets designed for horse and carriage. To get to this safe driving milestone in the extremely tight, old city environment makes her accomplishment remarkable,” said Business Manager Kevin Thibert.

Patricia joined the ranks of UPS as a part-time package handler in Watertown, Massachusetts thirty years ago. She was motivated to be a driver for the job security, good health care insurance and wages. She saw mostly men working in this field, but wasn’t deterred. She knew office work wasn’t for her. She liked the idea of working outdoors and on her own.

I guess you never broke a mirror on a tree branch....

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

“Mostly men working in this field” is an understatement.

I admire her lasting 30 years, the work by itself will destroy an average man, most of us will walk out with some kind of disability, knees, shoulders and back injuries are common no matter how safe you think your work methods are.

wilberforce15

Per usual, the world steps on top of innumerable men to overreach and congratulate a woman on something that has been done a thousand times.

But a woman did it. So news article.

rod

Retired 22 years
“Enjoys working on her own “——what a crock. You guys are so wired up with sensors and gadgets that you may as well be wearing shock collars with some management person sitting along side you now days.

Karma...

Ms Clark, well done in any environment and especially so in Somerville.....By the sexist comments it appears that there are many who are jealous. May good fortune attend you. C

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Ms Clark, well done in any environment and especially so in Somerville.....By the sexist comments it appears that there are many who are jealous. May good fortune attend you. C

The truth hurts...doesn’t it..

Show me the statistics or the the percentages of the ratio of men and women package car drivers?

Best yet the percentages of women reaching the retirement requirements in general at UPS?

Crying sexism only reinforces my observations..

charm299

There’s a woman driver at my building that got a 20 year safe driving plaque even though she ripped a roof off a truck trying to drive under something a few years back

Est.1998

I broke two mirrors in one week. LMAO

THE LAST TIME BEFORE THAT WAS PROBABLY AT LEAST 10 YEARS AGO
I've broken at least 2 mirrors, cracked the windshield on a low hanging branch, knocked over about 3 mailboxes, messed up a few yards when i parked on the shoulder of busy streets, knocked over a few trashcans with the tailswing. Funny thing is i was in an automatic when i did those things. I guess i was more cautious when driving a manual.

I've broken at least 2 mirrors, cracked the windshield on a low hanging branch, knocked over about 3 mailboxes, messed up a few yards when i parked on the shoulder of busy streets, knocked over a few trashcans with the tailswing. Funny thing is i was in an automatic when i did those things. I guess i was more cautious when driving a manual.
I broke my mirror in the same place. And of course is on a Monday or somewhere I usually don't deliver and that route as a 7 cube not a 12 cube on it.
My mechanic just laughed at me

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I don't recall anything wrong ever being done while I am operating any ups equipment.

6gGe.gif