UPS driver says trucks without A/C create dangerous conditions

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS driver says trucks without A/C create dangerous conditions - NBC 12

Delivering packages is something local UPS truck driver James Trusty enjoys doing day in and day out.

“UPS has provided me, my family and everyone I know who works there with a great life,” Trusty said.

But Trusty says many of those days spent driving in record-breaking heat during the summer can be brutal, especially when the truck he drives has no air conditioning.

“The front of the truck has no relief, no air conditioning, no cool air and no way to really cool off,” Trusty said.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
"But UPS says the number of heat-related hospital visits cited in the analysis is just 0.9 percent of it’s 118,000"
It seems their heat related illness and covid response go hand-in-hand.
Also $200 a week in water and ice like are you exclusively getting them from a vending machine lol.

"But UPS says the number of heat-related hospital visits cited in the analysis is just 0.9 percent of it’s 118,000"
It seems their heat related illness and covid response go hand-in-hand.
Also $200 a week in water and ice like are you exclusively getting them from a vending machine lol.
Maybe that accurate number for people they actually went to the hospital.
But that number isn't accurate for people that actually get sick from the heat.

Integrity

Binge Poster
UPS driver says trucks without A/C create dangerous conditions - NBC 12

Delivering packages is something local UPS truck driver James Trusty enjoys doing day in and day out.

“UPS has provided me, my family and everyone I know who works there with a great life,” Trusty said.

But Trusty says many of those days spent driving in record-breaking heat during the summer can be brutal, especially when the truck he drives has no air conditioning.

“The front of the truck has no relief, no air conditioning, no cool air and no way to really cool off,” Trusty said.
UPS leadership should be ashamed of themselves for allowing drivers to drive without A/C, this is the year 2020.

Teamsters leadership should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to continue in this day and age.

El Correcto

god is dead
Management says if you get too hot don’t hesitate to head to a cool zone and take 10-15 minutes. Of course they say this to cover their ass and if you do it they will be low key pissed at you, but I do it anyways. That’s part of the cost of not providing AC to us, I’ll use it as an excuse to break from area and go sit on my ass to cool off.
If you need multiple AC breaks a day, so be it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
UPS leadership should be ashamed of themselves for allowing drivers to drive without A/C, this is the year 2022.

Teamsters leadership should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to continue in this day and age.