UPS drivers who have had a stroke

Toolongtogo

Hey UPSer's,
I am a 25 year employee, 20 year driver who had a stroke last November. I fully recuperated within a week and have been fine ever since. The center manager had me go to the company doctor before returning to work and the dr. pulled my DOT card for 1 year (per federal DOT regulations). The center manager has found work for me so far (in the building) and I've been getting my 8 hours at drivers rate. Sounds good so far. right?

center manager and other sup's in the building have been going out of their way to make me feel like I'm a piece of :censored2: for being on the payroll. I have always worked hard and I take pride in whatever they have me do. I do not have enough space to type all of the BS that I've had to deal with in the past 6 months. I just took it as just another day at UPS while I was providing for my family.

I recently found out that Indiana DOT does not regulate chauffeurs license with the same rules as CDL. According to Indiana DOT, I could have been driving this entire time.

I just got back from the company DR. to renew my DOT card and was denied and informed that they have to follow federal DOT guidelines and the fed says I'm off for a year, with no differ from chauffeurs to CDL.

Has anyone ever heard of how to deal with this?
Any and all help is appreciated!

God Bless

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Welcome to the B.C i'm glad to see your =have re gained your health.
I have no idea about the fed regs on a stroke, but it is what it is ..
However,,don't put up with the way they are treating you ,, tell them to their miserable faces '' I am a long time valued employee and I feel as though you are treating me unjustly because of my disability and I want it to end before I need to contact some one about this !! ''
document everything , and who says what to you,,if they don't back off call a lawyer who loves Americans with Disability claims !!
good luck and God bless you for bouncing back !!

upsmaninmi

We have a driver in our center(Michigan) who had a stroke 5 years ago. He was told he could never drive commercially again. The union forced UPS to create a combo job for him to get his 8 hours. He spots trailers, fuels, etc.

Sent using BrownCafe App