ups drivers work on the holidays???

OG MIKE

im gonna start work as a PH in january...my question is do package car drivers work on thanksgiving? and do they work on chrismas eve and chrismas day?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
im gonna start work as a PH in january...my question is do package car drivers work on thanksgiving? and do they work on chrismas eve and chrismas day?

No on Thanksgiving and Christmas Days. Yes, on Christmas Eve, which falls on a Friday this year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Feeders has a sign up list for Thanksgiving Day. And people signed up.....

I would guess this would depend upon their personal priorities. Christmas is coming and the extra $$$ would be nice. My kids are spending Thanksgiving with their mother this year so if I knew how to drive a feeder I would probably sign up. Traffic should be really light.

I am off this week so will not be working Black Friday but I do plan on signing up for New Year's Eve. Easy $$$ and I will be done in plenty of time to get ready for the evening.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
SIgn up sheets for mileage runs to Louisville on Thursday, and all kind of sign up sheets for Black Friday. I signed up for black Friday, boss man said it should be 10-12 hours. Easy money just riding up and down I-20