UPS drops TNT bid

BURMDPsupe

The Europeans are fearful of an American invasion this time around. I don't even think Fred could pull this one off.

M-

ppHATE

Does this mean we get back the MIP money we were stiffed last year? What about the 200M termination fee? Where does that come from? And more importantly does this go on leaderships QPR? 0% effective an new acquisitions?

beentheredonethat

Speaking of MIP, when they came out with the "enhancement" for determining MIP, they said the avg MIP has been a "2.0" yet ever since the enhancement we've had less mgmt then in the past and higher profits then in the past. Yet our MIP never has once come up to the "average".

pretzel_man

Speaking of MIP, when they came out with the "enhancement" for determining MIP, they said the avg MIP has been a "2.0" yet ever since the enhancement we've had less mgmt then in the past and higher profits then in the past. Yet our MIP never has once come up to the "average".

I do not believe they said the average was 2.0.

I think it was 1.6. I'd have to double check.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I do not believe they said the average was 2.0.

I think it was 1.6. I'd have to double check.

I'm not sure what the average is but when HR extends an offer to a new management person, the MIP is stated at 2.0.

Also, your annual salary review has the value of the MIP at 2.0 if you are a supervisor and 4.0 if a manager.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Does this mean we get back the MIP money we were stiffed last year? What about the 200M termination fee? Where does that come from? And more importantly does this go on leaderships QPR? 0% effective an new acquisitions?

The 200 million will come from raising retiree health insurance by 1000%. Sometimes you gamble and lose.:happy-very:

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Some contrition from our leaders once in a while would be refreshing. Instead we get Scott and friends on a video telling us how the EUR 200 million ($267 million USD) termination fee is no big deal. However, buying a driver lunch IS a big deal, and so is a Christmas turkey, and so is going over $1 per driver for founders day, and so is going a couple bucks over $30 for a day's meals. Atlanta continues to inspire.

TxRoadDawg

Some contrition from our leaders once in a while would be refreshing. Instead we get Scott and friends on a video telling us how the EUR 200 million ($267 million USD) termination fee is no big deal. However, buying a driver lunch IS a big deal, and so is a Christmas turkey, and so is going over $1 per driver for founders day, and so is going a couple bucks over $30 for a day's meals. Atlanta continues to inspire.
First email I saw handed down after New Years was hey volumes back to normal next week, no more UNauthorized overtime for the part timers. Shame my center has a cluster of 2+ hr over allowed drivers no one does anything about, but that extra 8 bucks on my check for 30 minutes over makees my center manager act like I just peed all over his mips cookies...