UPS dumping cash one year from contract: $5 Billion Share Repurchase Program

35years

Gravy route
Let's see $5 Billion stock repurchase, $1 Billion Bomi Group acquisition...$6 Billion dumped in one week. That translates into $3 an hour less for 3 full years, for all full timers.

Add that to increasing the dividend by 50% this year and huge MIP for managers...No money for us at contract time.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Let's see $5 Billion stock repurchase, $1 Billion Bomi Group acquisition...$6 Billion dumped in one week. That translates into $3 an hour less for 3 full years, for all full timers.

Add that to increasing the dividend by 50% this year and huge MIP for managers...No money for us at contract time.

Bet it has to do with this recently passed Democratic inflation fighting bill. 🤔

textat3

Bro that press release was from a year ago, no way my Center Manager could afford his new Vette with a dividend of 1.02 try 1.52.

Its_a_me

Of course UPS is spending all their record profits and will claim poverty at contract time...just like last time when the purchased 14x 747's cargo haulers for $5.3B (with deliveries starting one year before the teamsters contract came up) and numerous semi's....

But it matters more who is at the negotiating table and what their objective is.....

will the union do anything for existing members both PT and FT or will it focus on progression wages and throw the usual $0.70 GWI at existing members. Remember we already lost 0.22 due to inflation in June and July 2022 that wasn't accounted for on our Aug COLA raise (which goes by May's numbers).

everyone knows how badly the union got beat in the best contract ever....I mean the company is still offering to pay part-timers more money than what is officially on the books in a union negotiated contract in order to attract any workers (in certain places). That's how badly we got beat. The company is offering better pay than the union negotiated for....best contract ever.

TeltBender

Of course UPS is spending all their record profits and will claim poverty at contract time...just like last time when the purchased 14x 747's cargo haulers for $5.3B (with deliveries starting one year before the teamsters contract came up) and numerous semi's....

But it matters more who is at the negotiating table and what their objective is.....

will the union do anything for existing members both PT and FT or will it focus on progression wages and throw the usual $0.70 GWI at existing members. Remember we already lost 0.22 due to inflation in June and July 2022 that wasn't accounted for on our Aug COLA raise (which goes by May's numbers).

everyone knows how badly the union got beat in the best contract ever....I mean the company is still offering to pay part-timers more money than what is officially on the books in a union negotiated contract in order to attract any workers (in certain places). That's how badly we got beat. The company is offering better pay than the union negotiated for....best contract ever.
Part timers are getting paid $5 an hour more than the negotiated wages

mcsketcher

Part timers are getting paid $5 an hour more than the negotiated wages
Not true in NY. I got the 60% of FT which is what the book says. Honestly wouldn’t matter though.

Just met a guy at a delivery who worked here at UPS for 18 years and quit to drive semis for another Co instead of going feeder.

Writing is on the wall.

Non sequitur

Not true in NY. I got the 60% of FT which is what the book says. Honestly wouldn’t matter though.

Just met a guy at a delivery who worked here at UPS for 18 years and quit to drive semis for another Co instead of going feeder.

Writing is on the wall.
Probably wanted a day job. Put a $1 night shift premium on the table and guys will be fighting over those jobs.

qdg2

Writing is on the wall.
Find this hard to believe....

mcsketcher

Agree with you on this one. It seems like it’s getting harder to find people who want to work with us.
Why would anyone want to work for UPS? In my area Pepsi is hiring inside warehouse workers at the same rate UPS is starting drivers. No DOT physical. No road test. No dealing with the weather.

I like driving for work, but it’s not really making sense now.

Why would anyone want to work for UPS? In my area Pepsi is hiring inside warehouse workers at the same rate UPS is starting drivers. No DOT physical. No road test. No dealing with the weather.

I like driving for work, but it’s not really making sense now.
Slinging cases of pepsi, water and Gatorade isn't exactly light work either.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Of course UPS is spending all their record profits and will claim poverty at contract time...just like last time when the purchased 14x 747's cargo haulers for $5.3B
LOL....Do you own a calculator?
$400M for a 744F?

Try under $80M a copy.
The 2 Combi's (BCF's) were like $25M and a C2F of less than $2M.

Its_a_me

LOL....Do you own a calculator?
$400M for a 744F?

Try under $80M a copy.
The 2 Combi's (BCF's) were like $25M and a C2F of less than $2M.

You don't know what you are talking about.

source: Reuters​

Aerospace and Defense
October 27, 20169:57 AMUpdated 6 years ago

UPS CEO says $5.3 bln order for Boeing 747 freighters reflects demand​

By Alwyn Scott, Nick Carey
3 Min Read

NEW YORK/CHICAGO (Reuters) - United Parcel Service Inc UPS.N said on Thursday it ordered 14 Boeing BA.N 747-8 cargo jets, a deal worth $5.3 billion at list prices that potentially breathes new life into an aircraft Boeing had warned it might cancel.

100%

I see this as evidence that we can get what we want, if we want it bad enough. If they have plenty for that, THEY HAVE PLENTY FOR US!