UPS Earnings Weren’t Supposed to Be This Good. Why the Stock Is Soaring.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS Earnings Weren’t Supposed to Be This Good. Why the Stock Is Soaring. - Barron's

Shipping companies were a big lockdown winners in 2020. Now investors are learning that they are reopening plays as well.

United Parcel Service blew past expectations for its earnings on Tuesday morning. Profits came in at $2.77 a share from $22.7 billion in sales. Wall Street was only looking for $1.72 in per-share earnings from $20.6 billion in sales.

Sales in all segments were way higher than in the first quarter of 2020. Prices rose more than 10% and total operating profits increased 164% year over year.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
UPS Earnings Weren’t Supposed to Be This Good. Why the Stock Is Soaring. - Barron's

Shipping companies were a big lockdown winners in 2020. Now investors are learning that they are reopening plays as well.

United Parcel Service blew past expectations for its earnings on Tuesday morning. Profits came in at $2.77 a share from $22.7 billion in sales. Wall Street was only looking for $1.72 in per-share earnings from $20.6 billion in sales.

Sales in all segments were way higher than in the first quarter of 2020. Prices rose more than 10% and total operating profits increased 164% year over year.
Little late @cheryl

What'dyabringmetoday???

From when the bill was passed in March the PBGC has four months to adopt plan rules. Then they have another 4 months to accept applications and then another 4 months to give the final answer.
So basically we may not know anything until next March
That's my "point"- nobody even knows what will happen but think the funds are all set now. I hope that happens but time will tell.