UPS Edcor Reimbursement Rejection, Despite Correct Documents

Kellzor

Hello,

This is my first post but I've been with UPS for eleven years, I seem to have a serious problem that I can't remedy myself and wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. I keep getting rejected with the reasoning "Receipts are required to be itemized, have student name, be on school letterhead and be legible." When I called up there they said they couldn't see my name on the file. My name is highly visible in the top-right corner, there is no way you could miss it, but they insist it isn't there.

So I re-uploaded the application documents and triple-checked that the right files were there, which they were, and I was rejected once again for the same reason (no visible name.) The kicker is, I have sent this itemized receipt screenshot before with an identical webpage layout for several semesters with no problems and they accepted those on the first request every time. Nothing has changed. How could they see my name the past several years without issue, but now, on my final semester and request, it's rejected because now they can't see the name?

I also spoke to an online rep on the Edcor website after the second rejection who repeated the same thing the person on the phone said, that my name wasn't on it even though it clearly is. He mused that maybe it wasn't showing up in the copy they receive since it's black and white. That wouldn't explain why they were able to see it just fine the past four years though. He suggested sending it via fax, which I suppose is my only option at this point. I hate to be so cynical but it almost feels like they are playing dumb, and this is a big chunk of money I can't miss out on. I'm hoping it's just a fluke of sorts and the faxing will do the trick. Has anyone else had this problem or have further suggestions on what to do?

Thanks for your time,

Jared K
Mesquite, TX

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If I understand this correctly, when you scan the document, it doesn’t transfer over with your name and you are going to try a fax next? I’d go with that route and have the rep on the phone when you do the fax to make sure it’s admissible.

Kellzor

If I understand this correctly, when you scan the document, it doesn’t transfer over with your name and you are going to try a fax next? I’d go with that route and have the rep on the phone when you do the fax to make sure it’s admissible.

Yes I've been taking screenshots of the receipt/grades through a browser and uploading directly for several semesters without issue. For some reason now it is an issue and they can't see my name on the uploads even though I can. Perhaps they have a new system in place, I'm not sure. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try faxing it instead and calling them up afterwards.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes I've been taking screenshots of the receipt/grades through a browser and uploading directly for several semesters without issue. For some reason now it is an issue and they can't see my name on the uploads even though I can. Perhaps they have a new system in place, I'm not sure. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try faxing it instead and calling them up afterwards.

Some software blocks attachments so that may be what is happening.

oldngray

nowhere special
Probably a millennial Democrat that thinks you are JaRed Kushner!
monkey mail.png

Observer

Yes I agree - you might want to go to an Office Depot/Max or Staples and have them send it. That way you have a definite copy of them receiving your paperwork. Please remember a lot of big companies are not likely to have up to date equipment - so when they don't get your paperwork they don't care. Good luck with your studies.

UPS A

Hello,

This is my first post but I've been with UPS for eleven years, I seem to have a serious problem that I can't remedy myself and wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. I keep getting rejected with the reasoning "Receipts are required to be itemized, have student name, be on school letterhead and be legible." When I called up there they said they couldn't see my name on the file. My name is highly visible in the top-right corner, there is no way you could miss it, but they insist it isn't there.

So I re-uploaded the application documents and triple-checked that the right files were there, which they were, and I was rejected once again for the same reason (no visible name.) The kicker is, I have sent this itemized receipt screenshot before with an identical webpage layout for several semesters with no problems and they accepted those on the first request every time. Nothing has changed. How could they see my name the past several years without issue, but now, on my final semester and request, it's rejected because now they can't see the name?

I also spoke to an online rep on the Edcor website after the second rejection who repeated the same thing the person on the phone said, that my name wasn't on it even though it clearly is. He mused that maybe it wasn't showing up in the copy they receive since it's black and white. That wouldn't explain why they were able to see it just fine the past four years though. He suggested sending it via fax, which I suppose is my only option at this point. I hate to be so cynical but it almost feels like they are playing dumb, and this is a big chunk of money I can't miss out on. I'm hoping it's just a fluke of sorts and the faxing will do the trick. Has anyone else had this problem or have further suggestions on what to do?

Thanks for your time,

Jared K
Mesquite, TX

I had a similar issue a while back with the grades and bill not being on "letter head." I just called the school and asked them to type it up on their letter head and to have the docs sent by fax and mail to me and Edcor. The money was direct deposited within the week.

I also sent a duplicate copy of everything I sent to them to my self so I could see exactly what they are seeing.

You can even circle your name within the document as a mark up and confirm if they can view what they need to approve it.

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 11.48.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 11.50.48 AM.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 339