UPS Employee DHS Employment Verification

over9five

Staff member
Anyone else do this yet? Feeder drivers hired between 11/6/1986 and 1/1/2008 need to have their employment verified by Homeland security.

Hmmm, the letter I got was addressed to "All UPS Feeder Drivers", but the info on upsers.com says "all US employees" so perhaps they're just starting with Feeder drivers.

Check it out under "My Life and Career", and the FAQs under "Related Files".

A

anonymous6

Re: Feeder Driver DHS Employment Verification

Anyone else do this yet? Feeder drivers hired between 11/6/1986 and 1/1/2008 need to have their employment verified by Homeland security.

Hmmm, the letter I got was addressed to "All UPS Feeder Drivers", but the info on upsers.com says "all US employees" so perhaps they're just starting with Feeder drivers.

Check it out under "My Life and Career", and the FAQs under "Related Files".

I hope they don't find out my twin brother works feeder for me sometimes.

Brown_Noser

Large Member

I’m a part-timer hired after 1986 and got my letter last night.

I filled out the first part on the website given.

I guess the second part has to fill out by UPS HR after I bring them proof I’m in the US legally. :anxious:

ikoi62

Good info. I'm going to change the thread title a bit as it seems this will affect everyone hired during that period.
i was hired before those dates and had to go to HR to give my info. She said they were checking everyone.

brownIEman

yep, took in my passport yesterday.

it's the law. At least, for any companies that have contracts with the federal government and wish to keep them, which apparently we do...

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
yep, took in my passport yesterday.

it's the law. At least, for any companies that have contracts with the federal government and wish to keep them, which apparently we do...

i had to do it too, and I am not in operations.

I was thinking this, we did win the federal government contract....but then I heard fedex cried and whined, eventually filling a lawsuit.

anyone know how that turned out?

Not me! Made the cutoff! I`ll just be waiting patiently here for the word to active the sleeper cell I`m in charge of. Muhahaahah:devil3:

Kae3106

This is actually pretty standard. All employers are supposed to have you fill out an I-9 form when you are hired and provide the types of ID they are requesting. Looks like they are just making sure they have all of the required info on file.

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy

I’m a part-timer hired after 1986 and got my letter last night.

I filled out the first part on the website given.

I guess the second part has to fill out by UPS HR after I bring them proof I’m in the US legally. :anxious:
don't forget to file a grievance for any time spent doing this!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

don't forget to file a grievance for any time spent doing this!

File a grievance over what?

This is exactly why I do not get involved in the Union.

Fill the damn form out, show the ID, and go do your damn job. Is that too much to ask?

ZEPHYR

Laurel Mountain

Fill the damn form out, show the ID, and go do your damn job. Is that too much to ask?
I was wondering the same thing. What is the big deal??

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Generally speaking, I would tend to agree with you.

However....I work for a company that will spend literally hours of time investigating and threatening discipline over a one-minute "discrepancy" in a drivers recorded lunch time based upon a Telematics readout.

So...is it stupid to file a grievance over the minute or two of time spent filling out a DHS form? Probably....but that is a mentality that the company created.

jenniferlynn

Hey can ya file grievances against one of your own? As in one who shows up for work late, comes in unprepared...leaves early "because of school"...when the one is there, he acts like he still doesn't know what's going on, who runs off inside the hub to use the phone to call his girl or whomever he calls, who sits in the breakroom waiting for everyone else to take their positions, who stands around with his hands in his pockets while everyone else is freezing their :censored2: off, doesn't jump right in to see where he needs to be or what needs to be done. Can ya file a grievance against an individual?