UPS Extends Helping Hand for the Entire Month of October

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS Extends Helping Hand for the Entire Month of October - Smart Money

UPS employees across Canada are rolling up their brown sleeves to do a lot more than deliver packages in October. Throughout the month, UPS employees will participate in the company's Global Volunteer Month, giving their time, talents and hands-on support to charitable organizations in their local communities.

LiL"Comet"

Its for a great cause to get out in your neighbor hoods and community's give a couple hours doing something to help less fortunate. Visit your local food bank and help them sort can goods or other foods there's always plenty to do, its great for our children to see us get out and help our fellow Americans that are on hard times. Please get out in your community's organize maybe just your neighbor to p/u trash one Saturday it's great all the way around.:peaceful:

LiL"Comet"

Great sentiment but the thread was about volunteering in CANADA.
Come Together to Make a Difference

During October, UPSers all over the world will volunteer to make a difference during Global Volunteer Month.

October is Global Volunteer Month (GVM) at UPS. Since 2003, UPS has designated a week in October as Global Volunteer Week. This year, the week has been extended to a full month to enable more employees to participate. The volunteer efforts will take place around the globe with UPSers participating in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe and Asia.

“UPS employees are encouraged to volunteer throughout the year, but during Global Volunteer Month there is a concentrated effort to engage as many volunteers as possible,” said The UPS Foundation President Lisa Hamilton. “If you can get a person to come out just once and volunteer, they will experience first-hand the power of giving back and then you’ve helped create a volunteer for life.”

This year during GVM, The UPS Foundation introduces the Environmental Challenge.

“This year we are emphasizing environmental efforts,” Lisa added. “We are encouraging employees to participate in projects such as litter prevention, waste reduction, recycling, and landscape beautification.

UPS people can partner with local Keep America Beautiful (KAB) locations and have their environmental cause receive a $10,000 grant.

KAB is the largest community improvement organization in the United States with more than 500 affiliates throughout the country. Learn more about their community events at the KAB Web site.

To find out about events in your area or learn more about the Global Volunteer Month Environmental Challenge, contact your local Human Resources or Community Relations manager.

Check back regularly to read experiences from UPSers and their families as they volunteer during GVM.

Published : Sep 30, 2008 09:10 AM
Last Updated : Sep 30, 2008 06:02 PM

so upstate what are you going to do this month?? besides knock on me?? lol :happy-very:

LiL"Comet"

Dear heart, I know it was about Canada buttttt it's global volunteer month everywhere with UPS so I thought I'd give my two cents. It doesn't matter where you are to get your tush out there this month and do something.... Sorry didn't think it was a big deal to say something even though it was a thread about volunteering in Canada:whiteflag:

:peaceful:

October is Global Volunteer Month (GVM) at UPS. Since 2003, UPS has designated a week in October as Global Volunteer Week. This year, the week has been extended to a full month to enable more employees to participate. The volunteer efforts will take place around the globe with UPSers participating in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe and Asia.