UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout - Daily Dot

A United Parcel Service (UPS) employee found himself in the middle of a shootout between armed robbers and police in Florida on Thursday. He was fatally shot, and now the UPS is facing backlash for thanking the police in its initial statement on the incident.

The UPS driver has since been identified as 27-year-old Frank Ordonez, according to People.

Ordonez was covering a coworker’s delivery route when two armed robbers, who have since been identified as Lamar Alexander, 41, and Ronnie Jerome Hill, 41, hijacked his truck and took him hostage. The robbers were using the truck as a getaway car after robbing a jewelry store.

At least 20 officers opened fire on the truck as it was stopped in rush-hour traffic, ensuing a shootout with the robbers. Ordonez and another bystander were fatally shot. Richard Cutshaw has since been identified as the bystander. Cutshaw was driving home from work, according to NPR.

B n Cali

I guess this is the new way to handle a hostage crisis, JUST KILL EVERYONE with no concern for others in line of site. This was the worst trigger happy police department EVER!!! I bet they were giving eachother high fives later!!!