UPS favors ‘user pay’ model

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS favors ‘user pay’ model - Atlanta Journal Constitution

Company lauds Biden plan but opposes higher corporate taxes

Sandy Springs-based UPS said Thursday it opposes a proposed hike in corporate tax rates to pay for President Joe Biden’s infrastructure plan.

Biden last week outlined a $2.3 trillion plan to build up the nation’s infrastructure over the next eight years, for everything from roads, bridges, public transit, electric vehicle charging stations to upgrading sewers, broadband Internet and the power grid.

To help pay for it, Biden proposed increasing the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%. The tax rate on corporate profits was cut to 21% from 35% through the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in 2017 under then-President Donald Trump.

DriverNerd

Not surprising a major corporation doesn't want their taxes to go up. An infrastructure plan has to be passed soon. I don't know if it needs to be $2 trillion, but I'm sure it will be expensive to fix what has to be fixed. UPS thinks it would be better to increase gas taxes? Isn't that going to cost them a crap load too?

Not surprising a major corporation doesn't want their taxes to go up. An infrastructure plan has to be passed soon. I don't know if it needs to be $2 trillion, but I'm sure it will be expensive to fix what has to be fixed. UPS thinks it would be better to increase gas taxes? Isn't that going to cost them a crap load too?
UPS does not care about fuel prices, actually they make more money when the fuel prices go up because they charge more for the fuel surcharge