ups fedex freight

bbsam

Staff member
I was with a salesman the other day doing a "meet and greet" with a new shipper and the salesman kept referring to UPS as "the competition". Why do they do that? Seems rather goofy to me.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
just keep your mouth shut and no one will ever know or care

if you ever go into management for either though, you'll be in a serious danger-zone..

Mike57

Only thing is if you have to log your time , you have to declare any and all paid compensation for the week.So if you work 2 jobs, You know what that means.

OptimusPrime

Back in the day was looking for a second job. Figured Fedex as a no brainer. Basically similar stuff. So I asked my FT sup if it was cool. He said UPS had no problem with it, but that Fedex would not hire me if I was honest about my current employment. I assume they want to keep Union rabble rousers out of their business.

flying dutchman

I will deff not be going into magement at eather, i dont have the job at freight but i would like to work there as a pt dockworker.
But yes ive heard that when we hired in we signed a paper saying we will not work for "competition" but i do not remember siging anything like that. Ive also herd that if thats true and ups finds out in FIRED! and uhh i dont want that,im just afraid if this does come about and they did find out im fired i just dont want to take chances? any help