UPS Feeder qualifications

Jeddy

Question for all you feeder people. Can a UPS employee that has been in a clerk position for 25 years be qualified to bid on a feeder position?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Question for all you feeder people. Can a UPS employee that has been in a clerk position for 25 years be qualified to bid on a feeder position?

Look at the bid list, see if you meet all of the requirements, and if you do, sign your name on the line

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Thanks for the answer but I had heard that you had to have at least 1 year of safe driving before you could sign up.
Yea you need 1 year of safe driving in general, that doesn't mean in package. That means no tickets or accidents at all. That is at least what HR told me when I went into feeders last year. I went PT to FT feeders. Just sign it, you might be in a category as off the street hire. Worth a shot though.

Jeddy

So this person I know has not even been driving package just working as a clerk for the past 25 years and now wants to go into feeder. By the answers it appears if he has not even been driving he would not qualify.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Things change all the time. In the olden days, you couldn't go in to feeders from PT anything. And I don't believe clerks were allowed to bid. Like I tell my son, who works in a hub "if you want a job, sign on it. You never can tell."

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We've been hiring folks off the street, so clearly you don't need 1 year of safe driving at UPS just a clean driving record.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So this person I know has not even been driving package just working as a clerk for the past 25 years and now wants to go into feeder. By the answers it appears if he has not even been driving he would not qualify.

What answers did you read that lead to that conclusion? One year of no speeding tickets or the like. People bypassed delivery and went right into feeders, so you don't need to do delivery first. Usually yes, but not recently

SafeYARDdog

To be eligible you must be a FT Combo/ FT package car driver + Seniority.
BTW, Signing your name on the bid list won't hurt anything...Your seniority is a PLUS so Let see what is going on.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Could depend on the bid posted.
We have feeder bid sheets that state only friend/T package/combo are eligible.
When not enough full timers sign it they start pulling from the P/T to friend/T bid sheet, supposedly.
I just sign them all anyways and let HR deal with it.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Could depend on the bid posted.
We have feeder bid sheets that state only friend/T package/combo are eligible.
When not enough full timers sign it they start pulling from the P/T to friend/T bid sheet, supposedly.
I just sign them all anyways and let HR deal with it.

Jones is 100% correct. He was responding to a post stating that you HAVE to be some kind of FT. That is incorrect. Like you say, it depends on what the bid says. That is not what Jones was arguing

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Depends on what supplement you are under. In the Central, no. You need to have 1 year of UPS safe driving.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yea you need 1 year of safe driving in general, that doesn't mean in package. That means no tickets or accidents at all. That is at least what HR told me when I went into feeders last year. I went PT to FT feeders. Just sign it, you might be in a category as off the street hire. Worth a shot though.
This is true if no FT employee bids. They then can open it up to PT and you need the same qualifications as an off the street hire.